• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud app cannot log in and doesn't sync

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with the Creative Cloud app this morning. The app launches, but then doesn't manage to connect/log in, and appears greyed out in my menu bar. When I click on the icon, the CC box shows, but all I get is a loading wheel going round and round. I cannot view anything. I have rebooted my Mac, shut the app down and started it again, but nothing's changed.

There also doesn't appear to be any file syncing happening. I have created a new folder in my CC Files folder, and logged into my account on CC online, but this new folder doesn't show. I was thinking that there might be an issue with the service itself this morning, but the CC status shows everything running fine. Can anyone shed some lights on what is going on please?

I am using a 2013 MacBook Pro running the latest version of OSX Mavericks, my CC apps are up to date, and payment was taken fine a few days ago, so this should be an issue.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having shut down the app and tried to restart it without success, I rebooted my laptop a second ti, and it seems like the app can now connect and sync, so I am guessing this is resolved, for now at least...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues (sort-of) as well. I have CC installed on 2 machines. My office station is running Mavericks and is a late 2012 MacPro. CC seems to login and sync fine there, but on my home computer which is a 2006 MacPro running Lion, the syncing is sketchy at best. Signing out of CC and then rebooting the machine seems to work some of the time, but is hardly a solution in my opinion. I'm able to grab files from the "view on web" option, but being essentially forced into CC and using the software in this manner, one would think Adobe would have this issue resolved – especially with CC being over 2 years old. Maybe they should have gotten the folks over at DropBox to build their cloud set-up? This is unacceptable for folks who (are forced to) rely on the access of their files and software to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After my original post, I got in touch with Adobe Support, and after a lot of unhelpful exchanges by phone and email, someone realised that some of the files I had deleted were still kinda there, but had become ghost files of sort. They restored them for me, but then, after nearly losing 3 days of work shortly after, (only saved because I had just decided to back everything up on Dropbox), I decided that Creative Cloud just wasn't up to scratch and reverted to using Dropbox.

I haven't really used it since, and would probably advise to steer clear from it. It may have improved with CC2014, but do I really want to take the risk of losing a few days work just to check whether they have got their stuff together with this when I have a fully working and very satisfying option, for which I pay anyway, and which hasn't let me down yet? The answer is definitely no. It would be great to be able to use CC in my day-to-day work, but 'once bitten twice shy' as the saying goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines