• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Experience with Desktop Typekit Beta

Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got accepted last night into the beta for Typekit Desktop version. I haven't gotten a chance to do much with it just yet and will be experimenting with it throughout the day and weekend, but I wanted to know if any of you have an experience with it that you would like to share?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I have booked the discussion to File and Font Sync early access page.

This page has list of thread posted by selected users of early access of Files and Fonts feature.

Please refer to the follwong documentattion on File and Font Sync early access for reference.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/cc-early-access.html

Please let us know if you have nay other question.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumit,

That doc is on a staging server and gives ordinary users an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Corrected the doc link.

Thanks,

Sumit singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to know when it's actually going to be released. It's been touted as a CC feature for more than three months... still undelivered.  Of course I didn't find out that it was "not yet available" until after joining CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is avaiable now if you want to use it so it's not "undelivered."

Because of the volume of users if opened to everyone, they prefer to handle it more carefully and ramp up slowly. I'm glad they're doing this. Potentially, file, font and settings synching can mean a huge volume of data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have access now. Thanks. It took about 5 days for me to overcome the Creative Cloud tool install/uninstall failure.  My main disappointment with the fonts feature so far is it seems very few of the fonts I am interested in are available for desktop use (205 out of 903) and many of those I searched for are not in the catalog at all.

At the moment nearly every day there is an update to the "Creative Cloud" tool which breaks more than it works.  Right now, for example, I can't get to the fonts since my only choices are "Update" or "Exit". I foolishly chose "Update" and so far it's has for about 10 minutes "Updating"....

Getting back to the problems related to the Font feature of Creative Cloud:

I was hoping to find fonts like "Napoli" in the catalog - but didn't.  It's annoying that the list defaults to "Ag" for sample text fonts and shows just those two single character examples in grid (default mode).  For an example of lest wasted space see here:

http://www.ufonts.com/search/Napoli

It quite is helpful that font types/atrributes can be selected - and even combinations, but a large amount of screen space is used to display a small portion of a tiny number of fonts - in both "grid" and list mode.  And finally, it looks like there is only "load more", not "next page" so to page through to the last font I might have to have all fonts in my browser at once.  Any updates to the selections or sorting resets the view to the first 16 fonts where I get to start "loading more" again.  Ultimately what I would like to do is select a half dozen fonts while browsing and then compare them.  I suppose "favorites" can do the job, but they aren't really my favorites unless they survive the side by side test..

The Browse list is an interesting feature... actually a quite useful one.  But again, the first page shows only two characters so you have to drill down to see the good stuff.  The way I usually end up choosing fonts is based on character combinations. Some fonts are great except for a half dozen bizarre characters or strange kerning - so that's why I like to see larger, longer samples.

Finally, when I type "Napoli" into the "Find Fonts" search box it says "nothing found". For yucks I typed "Arial" and I get lots of hits to blog pages... including the very useful "Fonts: Request a Font".  Too bad it doesn't show the request a font information when it can't find a font I search for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback here. Sorry you didn't find the fonts you were looking for in Typekit. We actually take font requests here: support@typekit.com

I'll note down these suggestions for the team. Along with font requests, feel free to drop us a line with any questions, thoughts, etc: support@typekit.com

Cheers,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been accepted to the beta and everything has worked seamlessly for me at work and home. It's great to be able to develop AIs and PSDs for webcontent that will leverage this exciting new feature. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in the beta about a week now and have yet to get the fonts syncing to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Troy,

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get sync fonts working. Would you please drop us a line at: support@typekit.com with any details? We'll take a look and see about getting this working for you.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines