• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Fail to Sync" response after uploading a file

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies if I am duplicating - I think I may have originally posted this in the wrong discussion.  So, here goes again.

I am trying to use CC File and Folder syncing to backup files - in particular I am testing with my LR 5 catalog file - which is a single file (e.g. Catalog.lrcat) which in my case is 1.45GB.

I am uploading using CC Desktop - not the browser interface.

I am on MAC, OS X 10.8.5 (ML).

My uploading speed is about 400kb/sec - and so this upload takes almost eaxactly one hour.  Just as it finishes, CC Desktop reports "Fail to Sync".  I have tried multiple times.

Now I did some research and it says that because this is a large file, the upload to the server shouldn't start until the file is copied on my system drive from the folder where it normally resides to my Creative Cloud Files folder - on my system this takes about a minute (give or take).  However, it looks like the upload starts while the copy is underway.  Not sure if this is right.

Can anybody suggest a way to getting further information about what exactly the error is; or why this fails to sync.

JC

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Hi,

Sorry to hear your having issues with Creative Cloud file sync, could you send in your log files for us to look at please?.

The logs are located at

Mac:

The log file can be found here:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

(where YYYY-MM-DD indicate the date of the last log)

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

W

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very serious question ... that I tried to upload a backp of my catalog to CC and it just FAILS without any meaningful error and the question has had 186 view and 4 replies - 2 of which are mine and 2 of which are from somebody who might be connected with Adobe who did not read the details either time carefully nor has responded further nor meaningfully since earlier in the week .....

Aren't y'all kind of concerned that Adobe promotes CC File sharing as a way to share and, most importantly, backup your creative endeavours  ... and my first attempt to backup my catalog is a total FAIL ... and the software engineering is completely inept in that it does not complete and does not even provide a reason or error code.  When programming finds an error condition, rather than just crappying out it ought to provide a reason as to why it could not complete.  Come on folks ... the engineers are supposed to be monitoring this forum and this FAIL occurred 3 days ago.

Do you know that I even tried to put in a ticket with a chat rep and he said he couldn't/wouldn't do it ... I had to write to the forum where the experts would reply ... including the engineers.

This is not acceptable.  Would an engineer please reply or contact me for some meaningful additional information so that we can diagnose why I cannot copy a Lightroom 5 catalog.lrcat file to the CC server system.

jc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw your new post at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5721737#5721737. I have emailed you directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I figure out WHICH files failed to sync, so I can fix this? The error message from CC Desktop Sync is less than helpful and the "Learn More" link takes me to the CC status page, which says nothing about my file sync problem.

Thanks.

--Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear your having issues with Creative Cloud file sync, could you send in your log files for us to look at please?.

The logs are located at

Mac:

<Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CloudSync/CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later

see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CloudSync\CoreSync-YYYY-MM-DD.log

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Please zip them up and send them to SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines