• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronized files

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is is possible to choose the files that should synchronize?
My computer is running low his storage and I don't need all the files synchronized but I still want they in the cloud but only there.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor,

Thank you for posting your query here.

I would like to inform you that the files that are saved in the "Creative Cloud Files" files folder in your local computer gets synced to your cloud storage url: https://assets.adobe.com/

Since you are looking to save the files only on the Cloud and not on your local computer (due to low storage space) this feature is not available as yet.  

You may however disable the Cloud sync option from the Creative Cloud App and rather save your work on an external hard drive if that helps.

Alternatively, The location of the Creative Cloud Files folder can be changed to another location in the preferences of the Creative Cloud app as described here: Use the Creative Cloud desktop app to manage your apps and services

However, This changes the Apps install location and not where your files go. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Victor,

the funny thing is that this was already a big topic up to 4 years ago (I googled days to find a solution). I love having everything in one place.

I use an iMac and a MacBook Air - the first with 3TB drive, the other with 256 GB to be mobile. I want to have access to my data SYNCED without using the browser to download and reupload (which is the way Adobe "solves" the problem (seriosly? Are we in the early 2000s?)) But this just doesn't make sense for me. For a bit then less the money you spend on the cloud alone you get Googles File Stream, that does EXACTLY that. I used it since it came out (used Google Drive, then Backup & Sync before) Never had issues. The software even has versioning so you can rescue a accidentally overwritten files via Cloud.

Dear Adobe,

as this seems to be a real issue to so many of your customers (especially the ones with many projects that are willing to buy Terabytes of data storage from you) this would be a real great feature to have and should be considered in development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines