• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 3.0

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help in finding where and how to download ADE 3.0.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed old links from public view https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

-also read https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

How to get a previous version... Read reply #10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620448

-Also read https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

-And https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

-OR... Go to https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution no longer works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the link to download ADE 3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old ADE 3.0 versions that I found on my dropdown list do not work (now? Sept 2022).  I deleted both 3.0 and 4.5 from the Windows C drive ... programs/Adobe, and tried reloading each just for kicks.  No luck.  How do I get 4.5 to work on my HP laptop?  MS rep on phone said I have to call HP and ask them.  Bummer, after 10 years am I really gonna lose my Nook?  Does Kindle also require ADE, does anyone know?  Blessings to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't have both versions of ADE install at the same time. You mentioned that you deleted both. Did you uninstall or just deleted the folders from the C drive? You need to uninstall ADE but before you have to deauthorize ADE. Once both versions are uninstalled, delete the folder My Digital Editions in your "Documents" folder. Finally, download and install ADE 3.0 from this link : https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.exe

Once it's install, authorize ADE with you Adobe ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's December 4, 2022, and this link worked for me.  I'm grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, right !

--
À+,
8-) sped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a MAC or Apple device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind – I somehow managed to find the MAC version and downloaded it; works a treat on the old Kobo Glo HD! Finally, SUCCESS (used the Overdrive ID and password to authorize computer and Kobo, not the Adobe ID/password).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the link

for MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for a Mac and it worked for me at the end of 2022 for a desktop Mac running High Sierra 10.13.6 and an old Kobo GLO HD:

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.dmg

I followed the instructions at the link below (the page includes the above download link and a link for PC):

https://confluence.demarque.com/confluence/cantook-station/en/guides-de-demarrage/lire-sur-une-liseu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I can't open the application after downloading... I get an error saying 'The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.'. How did you get around this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for newer macs sadly 😞 (unless someone has found a way around this). So frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are awesome ...  thank you for sharing this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links from the Digital Editions download page where it says Download Digital Edition 3.0 here still work, you just have to scroll down the page to find them.

https://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got always a message error when trying to download. ADE.3.0 installer.exe cannot be downloaded in a safe way. No issue with my anti virus. How can I solve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are broken again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried checking Services in Task Manager and making sure you have Windows installer and Windows modules installer running. If they're using a *.msi file to install, you have to have Windows modules installer, also known as Trusted installer, running. I make sure that Windows installer is running, even though I con't know if that's necessary. Windows modules installer has to be running for .msi packages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also avoid Adobe Editions 4.5 and use Adobe Editions 3. The latest version is very glitchy.

The only problem I have with version 3 is that when I change the font to Large I have to close it down and start it up again in order to use the right side arrow key to change pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, a tech myself, had to get the help of my local library to get even the older version (3.0) working.  We finally did by completely deleting everything as it was so bogged down due to the number of times that I had to re-download the same books over and over using the newer version (4. something).   We ended up renaming the "My Digital Editions" folder in my Documents library once I installed 3.0.  All is hunky dory now.   If you find ADE is running too slow, that the books are not opening, rename that folder and it should make things better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE is dysfunctional.

About once per month I rename My Digital Editions to OldMyEditions and
rerun the ADE3 installer.

There's a link to 'previous versions' on the download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link worked for me.  I double checked everything to make sure it wasn't a fake link.
I have a Kobo Touch so ADE 4.5 wouldn't work authorize Overdrive library books.  ADE 3.0 works and I'm working again.  Thank you kind strangers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines