• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions does not sync across devices

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the product descriptions and several FAQs I found, it is an alleged feature that when I download media and open it in Digital Editions on, say, my PC, it should sync to my Digital Editions (same ID) on other devices like my tab.

I have 'auto-download' enabled. But this syncing doesn't seem to be happening. (Concrete example: I downloaded two library books to ADE on my PC with the same ID I use on my tab, but these books are not showing up on my tablet. The two books that are in my ADE library on the tab are also not showing up in the ADE library on my PC.) I also don't see any 'sync now' button or similar.

What am I missing, why is this feature not working?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 134 Replies 134
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try refreshing the the library on your tablet and check if you start seeing the new ebooks on the device after that. You may refresh by opening the library with the ebooks showing up there and then pulling the screen down and leaving it back up.

In case you do not see the sync working on the computer, then you may try re-launching ADE on the computer and then check if you see the ebooks getting synched there.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several times over a period opf some months and NO it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

I tried it on different devices: PC Desktop, Android smartphone, Android tablet and finally a laptop.

I downloaded from PC, it couldn't open on Android smartphone. It couldn't sync, even after enabling automatic download.

I removed it from PC, and I tried to download on Android smartphone. It couldn' sync.

So I tried to download ADE on Android tablet. It won't sync.

Then, on PC, I found out that it "force-sync" when you read the Guide book. In fact, i was able to get the book from the Cloud!

But it's kinda buggy, though, it says there is an error with the licence.

And finally, I downloaded ADE on my laptop, and it synced using the Guide book trick.

Unfortunally the Guide book trick doesn't work on Android 😞

SO, in the end, i think that the issue could be one of these:

(1) The Android App has issues with the Cloud. There has to be a reason why it has 2 stars only as review, after all... (as for the PC, instead, it "works" using the Guide book as workaround to force-sync.)

(2) There are issues with the Cloud in general, and Android refuses to download content with errors, while PC "tolerates" it, thanks to the workaround.

In each case, I think it's kinda embarassing for a big business like Adobe to have such flaws that never got resolved since 2016, though...

I hope they'll resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN is the error that gets triggered.

It's about the licence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting the program worked. However, my comments / highlights in the book were not transferred. How do you solve that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My application is not synching either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work.

I came across your 'fix' online and that doesn't work either. Your 'fix' is to deactivate ADE on the device where the problem is; in this case it's my PC. I had no problems with ADE and downloading library ebooks to it, until I started using Overdrive on my iPad. My Libraries part of the Overdrive system. Now reading/downloading ebooks works great on iPad but doesn't work at all on PC any longer. Deactivating on PC is no 'fix'.

Anymore ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync not working for me neither between PC and Android

Why doesn't Adobe do anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured I'd chime in and say I was having this issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work.

I have ADE on an iMac, Windows 7 PC, and an Android tablet.  At best, the iMac saw two books I installed on the Win7 machine but failed to connect to them.  The PC fails to see ANY of the 12 books on my iMac, as does the Android tablet.

All devices have the latest version of ADE (why doesn't ADE check for updates?!) and I updated my password on all devices, forced a deauthorization and then reauthorized all devices.  Still no syncing. 

This problem has been left Unresolved on this forum for over a year now.  Can we please have an update?  How about a Force Sych option on ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work for anybody? Sync to ADE Android does not work. Adobe, please reply with some answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried EVERYTHING that has been suggested here...with no success...

I'm not interested in installing yet another app to make this app work...then I'd rather directly use the other app, as far as that one works...

Also someone suggested to MANUALLY copy all the books to the other device...what would mean that you also have to set up all the shelves or categories MANUALLY on the other device...that is not the idea behind such a kind of application! That's really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message appears on my computer: "You can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that has not been used previously to authorize any other computer or mobile device, please try again.31

What should we do when we can not authorize other devices?

How do I delete all authorizations in Adobe and authorize them all again? If this is the problem.

Can you help me solve this problem please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I wasn’t able to get multiple devices to sync but I realized you hav to just load it manually. it did work that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  Both PC and Android were signed in using my Adobe ID e-mail address and password.  I first opened a licensed ACSM on PC.  It did not sync to my Android.  On the Android phone, I opened the same ACSM file as I did on the PC.  Then it loaded to my library on the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread and its STILL not syncing. I need the books available on my iPad to take to university!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't working across Mac / Android. What's wrong with it? I need to be able to access my files....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and restarting the program has not helped. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, authorized/deauthorized, and every other type of refresh. Books I have added from to my PC edition are not syncing to any other device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is not syncing either and if I try to transfer to my nook, it shows it in my library on the nook, but says loan token not found.  Have tried the whole deauthorize and authorize.  Have tried a couple older version of ADE all with no help.  The transfering to the Nook used to work,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just does not work. I have tried all the recommended suggestions and many more without any luck.
It can't be that hard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, does not work. Also tested several solutions to no avail. Expected more from an adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines