• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't authorise iPad

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iPad with overdrive installed and for the last 2 years borrowed ebooks & audiobooks from my library on that iPad.  Then overdrive started glitching, not responding to tapping on screen to sign in etc (this is NOT the iPad problem as all other apps DO work) so I uninstalled Overdrive and reinstalled it.  Since I reinstalled it I can still borrow audiobooks from my library but I cannot borrow eBooks. It tells me to authorise and takes me to the authorise screen. Then when I press "authorise" nothing happens. Nada. Nothing. I only have 3 devices authorised when I check by logging into ADD, apparently including this one.

I've checked all the forums, tried your chat, tried twitter. No-one seems to be able to help me.   I've also tried to authorise it directly via the settings on ADD app on my iPad and it also gives me an error "Error Digital Editions encountered an error while activating."

I've been trying to fix this glitch for 4 days now and my patience is running out.IMG_0031.PNGIMG_9630.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure you are connected to internet when you try to authorize ADE.

Error suggests that there was some error in authorization process.

Please try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am connected to the internet via wifi, it is working perfectly for everything else, including for downloading audio files from the same library account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and I am connected to the internet.  I have the same error message when trying to use Overdrive and Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have de same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having this problem. I have tried repeatedly from my iPad and iPhone with no success.

IMG_4970.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I can de-authorize and authorize on a macbook pro, but not an any mobile device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how many times do you suggest retrying...

Done the whole deauthorisation reuathorisation...reinstall...lost the library...

and all you can offer is...go do it again...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people have the same issue (and no it's not a connection issue) could you (or another staff member) please provide some useful information to help solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue  , Can you please let us know how to solve this issue in ipad ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me threeeee! This is so annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_0509.PNGMe too, I have the problem to autorise ADE with iPad I have reset and reinstall and I don't know what to do else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Stay with the same problem in Ipad and Iphone. Someone solved that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the app on an iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here... No answer from Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue  , Can you please let us know how to solve this issue in ipad ? Could not beleive this problem is still unsolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines