• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canada Software Outlet

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Canada Software Outlet a registered reseller for Adobe?  they are based in Montreal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello chypink

yes they are ,you can check them out

http://adobedealreg.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=en

typee the name and click search ,they are really reliable and very professional ,they supported me product and answer my questions very nicely  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of business, all serial numbers revoked. Rip off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same situation, was adobe able to assist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same scenario here, and Adobe support basically confirmed that the reseller's "Adobe Authorized Reseller" status--which had been confirmed on Adobe's own website--does not seem to mean much in terms of consumer protection, as per their support rep:

"Unfortunately, if your purchase was not made directly from Adobe, then you may have bought non-genuine software."

They are escalating the case, so I'll update here whether they provide any legitimate resolution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also in the same situation and Adobe has also escalated. The more people involved, the better the chance of resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after a couple callbacks at weird hours with no voice mails, Adobe finally called me within the hours I had specified with their chat support...nearly 3 weeks later.  The call was basically a 20 minute waste of time and effort where they just kept telling me to go look up the reseller on their website--even though I told them that this reseller had closed down and the licenses were purchased in 2013 and 2014.  They claimed the partner listings would also show a historical list of resellers, which I am sure is incorrect.  They looked up one serial number to confirm that they had blacklisted it...yeah, thanks.

I repeatedly stated that their partner / reseller network--of which their own site listings led me to Canada Software Outlet--was useless if they provided no consumer protection or support if they later revoked the licenses that they sold through them.  They didn't seem to care much, and repeatedly tried to sell me new subscription licenses "at the best price" since they don't sell perpetual licenses anymore.  I told them that wasn't really the point, as a perpetual license should be usable and valid for as long as a customer wants to keep using it.

I asked the support rep (Akash S.) to escalate this to someone else and repeatedly asked them to email me (which they still have not) so I could document my list of purchased serial numbers to get some type of useful support and recourse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just go a no without explanation or callback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my voice call, support opened a case.  So I sent them a message within the case they created, and they closed the case without responding.  This company's version of "support" is truly a laughable waste of time and effort.  From the looks of things, their "certified" partner / reseller program is just a marketing vehicle for them and of zero value to consumers if you think you will have any protection working within it.

I found a couple web articles that likely related to this Canada Software Outlet reseller:

https://www.leagle.com/decision/infdco20160923962

https://blogs.orrick.com/iplandscape/2016/09/20/piracy-pays-the-ip-owner-judge-whyte-grants-motion-f...

It appears that Adobe won the case and tried to get an excessive amount of value for the licenses, which resulted in them getting a relatively low settlement and the license value component was essentially thrown out.

So apparently in Adobe's world, badly monitoring their certified partners and activation technologies until trusting customers have purchased thousands of licenses over a period of years (from this reseller alone) is not their problem--even when they successfully sue the reseller to recoup the profits that these customers unknowingly paid to a meaningless "certified" reseller.

If Adobe's issue is that they didn't collect enough in the litigation to provide any responsible level of customer protection, the analysis of the case appears to show that their unrealistic valuation of the licenses resulted in the judge (even with no defendants attending the trial to attempt a defense) dismissing the license value component entirely.  So Adobe, you did that to yourself and are apparently taking it out on those who trusted that your certified network actually meant something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got the same problem too.  I can't install CS6 purchased from Canada Software Outlet on a second computer.  Did anyone resolve this issue?

Joan Burdett-Ness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines