• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complex Issue with ADE

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original installation of ADE was on my Windows 10 laptop. I got a new computer (MacBook Pro) and installed ADE. I signed in an authorized the computer, only to find that I couldn't read the 6 books that I intended to sync. They all displayed on the Mac, but they had various errors. 3 of them said "W_ADEPT_CORE_LOAN_NOT_ON_RECORD," 2 of them said "E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED," and the last one said, "E_LIC_ALREADY_RETURNED."

I got into a chat with a support agent to fix the issue, but they didn't really seem to know what they were doing. After reinstalling, the app wouldn't sign out. She sent me a link to this forum, but I couldn't get in. It said I had to verify my email, which is when I realized that the email I had created my Adobe account with no longer existed. I changed the email on my account, but then realized that I couldn't change the email that ADE was signed in with.

When I tried to Erase the Authorization, it rejected my password. I made sure it was correct and even logged into Adobe on another browser to make sure my password was actually working. The problem was ADE. Why do I have to enter my password to sign out anyways...?

The point is, I have no idea what to do to get ADE to let me read my synced library. It has been extremely frustrating to deal with and I wasted the time of that poor chat agent with this issue. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.
    Press WINDOWS + R.
    In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
    In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
    Remove the Adept Folder.
    In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
    Close the Registry Editor.
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.
    Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for the authorization issue. After reauthorizing, I found that my Windows laptop only has 2 books in its library that open; the rest have expired, which would explain the LOAN_NOT_ON_ RECORD error.

I went back to Mac and reauthorized; that link you gave me was extremely helpful.

However, the issue remains that I cannot open the same two books on my Mac. They are the ones that say REQUEST_EXPIRED.

How can I remedy this situation? I need to be able to access the books I purchased on the Macintosh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get the error only with any ebooks the problem is the server of the eBooks. (Date, time or Timezone) Must contact the reseller to check the download of the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid Adobe has made their ebook system so complicated, that they don't understand it themselves.  I have a whole library on my computer and am unable to read any of them as they were already assigned to an ereader.

I binned the ereader as I was so frustrated with endless comunications with Adobe, with no results.  It appears that the ebook revolution has gone down the drain.  I do not know of anyone who uses the system now.  It has all been a waste of money.  I have gone back to buying books, there are no restrictions with these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines