• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connection Error Detected: Digital Edition Could Not Connect to the Fulfillment Server. .....

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I need help with downliading e books to Adobe Digital Editions. I activated ADE on another laptop and signe din on a new on to access e book and I cannot and when I try to add the manually I get the following message:

KP22092021n0gd_0-1638674445512.png

I have tried the following to no avail:

1) deactivting and activating

2) uninstalling and installing again

3) uninstalling and installing again  retarting between installing and uninstalling

4) ensuring that my time and time zone are antomatically updated and correct

5) allowing through my firewall

none of the above has worked please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue and cannot seem to get it fixed!! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my computer that runs Windows 7. Used to be able to download epubs from public library (Overdrive) no problem. But no more. I tried everything listed above and more, then I tried using a computer running Windows 10 (on same wifi connection) and had no problem to download the epub and read the book.  So my suggestion is that you need to use a computer running Windows 10. I think this is a fairly recent problem on Windows 7 and is somehow related to the recent phenomen that many reliable websites won't connect with Google Chrome or Firefox, unless you manually click "advanced"  and then click

"proceed to xxxx (unsafe). One can usually still go to these websites, but this requires a few extra clicks. See example pictures. Now, when you double click on the ebook.acsm file, Adobe Digital Editions is brought up and tries to go to the required website to fetch the epub. This is done behind the scenes ie, you can't see what website ADE is going to. And no browser is brought up either. I think the problem could be solved if Adobe could use websites (that send the epub) that don't give a connection errror. For example, I never get a connection error (like in the pictures) when I go to Google.

Since all the engineers in Adobe are running Windows 10, they don't realize this recent problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to provide some sugguestions. I am already running on Windows 10

KP22092021n0gd_0-1638919793146.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, to the person who said she is already running Windows 10, I found the answer (at least for my computer) that solves the issue, "Digital Editions cannot connect to the fulfillment server". First, I might ask, on your computer, do you sometimes get  browser errors like I posted above in Clipboard01 and Clipboard02? If so, then the problem is one of your security certicates has expired, probably on Sept 30, 2021. That date would correspond to when you had above browser errors and Digital Editions fulfillment server errors. I found the solutions here:

https://techglimpse.com/dst-root-ca-x3-expired-certificate-error/

Windows updates should normally automatically solve these issues, but for some reason, maybe you're not getting the Windows updates. (This is why Adobe engineers would have no clue about this problem, since all their computers are getting Windows updates.) On my Windows 7 computer, I've had the Windows updates turned off for over 10 years. The website above will show you how to get the updated security certificate and install in your computer. As soon as I did this, the above browser problems disappeared, Then I tried getting an ebook. My preference is to do it this way: click "borrow" and download the acsm file, close all the browsers, then double click the acsm file (Adobe Content Server Message) and ADE should open and download the book. Of course, you could also set to have  ADE just download the book (when you click "borrow") without concerning yourself with the acsm file. The point of closing down the browser and clicking on the acsm file is to show that the browser has nothing to do with getting the ebook. At any rate, after installing the certificate, I had no problem downloading ebooks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for taking the time to look into this and wite up your suggestions. I followed all the instructions however it still did not work. I will continue to do some investigation and give an update if I find a solution. If anyone has any ideas please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!! I’m running on a Mac so unsure if this will fix the problem unfortunately!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines