• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eReader not authorized to open this book

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download a book from my public library I can open it in digital editions 4.5 but when I transfer it to my device (kobo) and try to open it on the kobo it says "This book is protected by DRM. Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions." I tried erasing authorization and setting git up again but it still won't work. Erased and downloaded a new edition of ADE, that didn't work either. Tried different books and libraries but still have problem. Called kobo and after troubleshooting with them they say it as ADE problem. Please please please help! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

This thread is old but incase anyone is suffering from the same problem here in January 2023. I have finally figured out a hack to get my Kobo to work.

For the record, I have tried everything: De/Re Authorizing, deleting books, overdrive account vs adobe account, etc. I couldn't use ADE V3 as my Mac is running 64 bit and it's not supported. I thought I was hooped until I came across this in my hours of searching:

1. Download another random book. One you HAVE NOT had on hold (this is important becau

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 324 Replies 324
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure this out? I'm not sure what the overdrive sign in would be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't gone back to try V4.5 but my original fix from 2020 is still working: I have had success by going back to Adobe 2.0. I unauthorized my ereader and computer first. Then deleted every file on my computer, that appeared to be a direct link to the Adobe program and the library book I was trying to open. Then I downloaded Adobe 2.0 and started again. It's worked fine now for almost 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until last week I had no problems transferring a library book from digital editions on my computer to my Nook simple touch ereader.  I've been doing this for about 5 years.  Last week when I transferred a book to my ereader the book showed up in the Nook Library but when I went to open it I got a security token not found error message.  I reauthorized the Nook and verified it matches what is in ADE.  But it still won't open.  The book does open on my computer.  Any ideas on what I can do?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. After speaking with ADE ppl who said my account was in order and there was nothing else they could do (they were nice about it) I ended up chatting with Kobo and again and they said to try to use ADE 3.0 instead of 4.5 because it works better with Kobo for some reason. Once I downloaded that one, I erased authorization for my kobo and computer one more time and reauthorized and then it WORKED! Hope this helps someone else! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is working for me (so far)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading to ADE 3.0 instead of using 4.5 worked for me! I'm using KoboGlo 4.18 and Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get a proper link to ADOBE 3.0!! Can anyone help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Deleting the old Adobe athorization then installing ADE 3.0 worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, yeah!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uggggh! I've tried this, as well as the suggestions above, but Adobe 3.0 isnt' compatible with the latest MacOS!  Am I doomed to never read a free library book again???!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer download using ADE. I use Overdrive and my ereader (Kobo) can
download straight from my local library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you use overdrive straight on your kobo? What kind of Kobo do you have? I think mine is a glo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is a Kobo Aura. First you must be connected to the internet. On my
home page bottom left It says "Borrow books from your public library" and
OVERDRIVE in a smaller font under it. Click on that and it takes you to
your library's collection. Click on a book and it is downloaded directly to
your kobo.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou so much so much easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I have spent HOURS doing every single fix the internet could throw at me ... and this is all I needed! THANK YOU! The ADE / Kobo authorization issue is still not solved (some 6 years on) so it won't work for books borrowed from e.g. Cloud Library, but at least Overdrive can bypass it all by downloading straight to the Kobo. Can't believe I never thought to use the 'Borrow books from your public library' option before. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My library doesn't use Overdrive, ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this worked. Here is where you can find the DL link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions/ade-3-0-weblink-broken/td-p/9688215?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! After installing ADE 3.0, deauthorizing my computer, then reauthorization my computer, it finally works. Praise be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe sees this and fixes the next version to support Kobo. Will they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been this way for quite awhile. It's a pain in that my system
automatically updates 3.0 to 4.5 so I continually have to uninstall 4.5 and
re-install 3.0 before I can download a book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly doubt they will see it or care if they do. I reached out directly to them and was given one thing to try. It didn't work and then they said it was a Kobo issue. I told them that I really didn't think it was because I could download old versions and get it working for a little while. So then they said go to the community board and see if anybody else has figured it out. Really didn't show any concern that it wasn't working.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it must be a Adobe version problem. I wonder if they see these
comments? Lots of people use Kobo. And Version 4.5 does not support it.

--
Wyatt Graham
Hamilton, ON, Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new Kobo Libra H20 as of this year was working fine with Adobe 4.5. I've updated everything, synched,  tried both 3.0 and 4.5, unauthorized and reauthorized and it still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines