• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error! Check Activation.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to download a book as an EPUB from my library’s overdrive website the program Adobe Digital Editions pops up on my computer, just like it should, but instead of loading the book a small window with the words Error! Check Activation. appears instead. It never used to do that and when it started eventually I just uninstalled the version of ADE 2.0 that I was using and reinstalled a more recent version ADE 4.5. The recent version is nice but I’m still having the same issue so I can still not download e-books to my nook like I used to before. Please help me fix it or at least give me some guidance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabethk.
I had the same problem after I a few days ago got an Windows 10 update. I have solved it after I found these instructions about an other issue in Digital Editions home page.

------------------------------------------

Resolution: Follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions using one of these two  methods:
    • Start > Programs > Adobe > Adobe Digital Editions  > Uninstall
    • Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove  Programs
  1. Initiate Uninstall
  2. In order to remove all remnants of Adobe Digital Editions /  Adobe Adept from the machine a "Registry Edit" will need to be  performed:
    • Start > Run > Regedit
  3. Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe >  Adept and Delete the full "Adept" folder
  4. Remove only the structures that are under the "SOFTWARE"  extensions. This will remove the Adobe ID / License and Activation Keys
  5. Clear any outstanding tasks that may be associated to Adobe  Digital Editions downloads
    • C:\data\my digital editions
    • C:\my documents\my digital editions
  6. Delete any documents within these folders:
    • Restore > Tasks
    • Restore > Failed
  7. Re-install Adobe Digital Editions

-----------------------------------------------

I have not used the resolution tasks 5 and 6. After that I have re-installed ADE ver 4.5 and my problem is solved. I hope is of some help. Sorry about my poor English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puis-je avoir le mode de fonctionnement en français, car je ne lis pas l'anglais. Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! ADE not working was driving me crazy and your solution fixed it since you solved my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines