Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kobo Clara HD ADE authorization doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I try several times authorizing my Kobo Clara HD, with different pc and different versions of Adobe Digital Editions(4.5 and 3.0). After I load the ebook, kobo show this message "Your eReader is not authorized to open this book". 

The Kobo Clara seems authorized by looking into settings.

I also try a factory reset.

Kobo or ADE needs an update? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DRM-protected book was already on my Kobo... I just downloaded the non-DRM-protected one onto my Kobo, opened it and then tried to open the protected one without success... I then tried to send the DRM-protected one again from the ADE library to my Kobo.. but it did not work either.
I am sure I must have done something wrong myself when appliying your trick... but, anyway, it works now with the ADE 3.0 version, so... I'm thrilled! TXXXX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never open the non protected book , just the protected one right away. It may depend on your operating system. I have a Mac and unable to take an older version of adobe. Anyway all is good, and happy reading!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OH MY GOD! I found the solution I've been looking for YEARS! On my MAC, I updated to ADE 4.5.12. Then, under Adobe Digital Editions, there is Setting and then uncheck the "Only download books on this device"... BOOM! it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines