Adobe Digital Editions mandatory updates for iOS and Android

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the change

Due to some security constraints, the certificate on Adobe ADE Activation server must be changed.

This will impact all existing ADE (v4.5.10) iOS and Android installations. As a result, users may not be able use their Readers.

What is the error

You may receive the following error during the activation of ADE v4.5.10 or lower versions in iOS and Android platforms.

ade-error-message.png

Solution

Update ADE iOS and Android to the latest versions available in apple Apps store and Google Play store respectively.

If you are using ADE v4.5.10 or lower versions, update to the version v4.5.11 or above.

TOPICS
ACSM files, Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How? The only version available on the web for the laptop Mac is 4.5.10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cant open .acsm file but i have an updated digital solution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So disappointing. Still nothing works in none of the ADE versions. We all bought an e-reader to make our reading experience easier and more comfortable and it has gotten harder. Too bad for the e-reader companies. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , sorry this is not working, even  with version v4.5.11 .

Have you other solutions ?

Tks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After many attempts, this worked for me:

1. De-authorize PC

2. Uninstall ADE v. 4.5.11

3. Reset ereader to factory and install updates, if any (not sure this step is necessary, it's what I did)

4. Install ADE v. 3.0 (https://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html)

I was able to transfer AND open a book on my beloved Aluratek (it's ancient). I loaded a book using ADE v. 3.0, which authorized the ereader (ADE v. 4.5.11 did not have the authorization step). I then installed ADE v. 4.5.11 and copied another book without any problems. Right now I have both versions of ADE on my PC.

Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows and have updated to 4.5.11 and it still does not work. I cannot move files to my kobo ereader. 

Will this be fixed? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep here neither it dosen't work, I can't open .acsm file 

I always have error message :

Erreur lors de l'obtention de la licence. Problème de communication avec le serveur de licences :

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ADE 4.5.11. I can download ebooks from the library to ADE on my MACbook (OS Catalina) but for the past little while I haven't been able to transfer the books to my Kobo (probably since I upgraded to Catalina). I get the message: "This book is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management. You need to re-authorize your e-Reader with your Adobe ID using ADE." I've tried that, of course. No luck. I've chatted with the library, Kobo and Adobe. None of their recommendations have worked. Adobe said that since ADE is free software, they couldn't really help me. Kobo and Adobe all suggested going back to ADE 3.0. Unfortunately that doesn't work with OS Catalina. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finally got 4.5.10 working with my Kobo eReader? Do I have to update?  It took me months of deleting, re-installing of every different version, de-authorizing, re-authorizing, factory resetting and  now I FINALLY have it working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 7, 2020 Just started with this problem on a laptop trying to open a Kobo book. Had never used an Adobe ID prior to yesterday and have downloaded many Kobo and other ebooks to my laptop. Got geared up with an Adobe ID. Worked yesterday for one book. Not working today. Have passed through the ranks of  four Adobe ID reps without resolution to date. Recommendations included the Virtual Assistant suggesting I delete the account which I did. Now reps are replacing account. Anyone have a happy ending to a simlar story?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here...

Not able to transfer any books rent at library... message of error every time since May 5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In January 2020 I encountered this problem on a Mac Laptop & Kobo Aura while out of country.  Neither Kobo nor Adobe could fix this.  In Febuary 2020 I could download library books to a Kobo Touch - until last evening when ADE rejected a new download from the library.  Kobo's Tech spent an hour + trying to help today.  No luck.  Adobe's Tech on Chat was anxious to help until he read my problem.  Then I was informed that Adobe Chat does not support Adobe Digital Editions concerns and I was referred to the Community Support Forum.  A complete waste of time but no solution in sight.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines