Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artwork size to scene size ratio match up? GLITCHING OUT

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team,

I'm seeing if our company (discover with Dr. Cool) can use Dimensions for Point of Sale assemblies.

I'm brand new but completed the Lynda.com Dimension Essential Training: The Basics

and need to know where to find out how to set the resolution and size of my artwork so that it "comes in to scale". it is all glitchy.

This is a 5' structure and the I can't get artwork onto it accurately...

• When I assign an image to be the material, it is not at all precise in placement. Matching the die-line to the art proves impossible
  • When I apply a decal (actual size 2'x3') there are only giant pixels appearing and the render preview just blurs them.
  • There must be information about how to size my artwork to properly import into Dimension.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i Imported an ai graphic file (and selected an artboard) onto a selected surface and resolution is horrible.2019-01-29_15-27-00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree it looks bad but don't know what you want us to answer... 3d doen't have 2d measurements like feet, miles & light years it has X, Y & Z then you adjust the lighting, camera to create the look you are after

ime an Ai file is not the best option because the fonts (even the animals) don't lend them selfs to being resized.. a Psd will give better rendor in this case but without the model (textures etc) I can't test for you to say if maybe a better Obj or different lighting would help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

au contraire!

I professionally apply 2D art to 3D objects often (using precise measurements that directly translate from 2d to 3D).

I'm looking for a solution the 2D Graphic's Designers can use too.

I did these in Keyshot:

1. Mahco Plainsman Glove Pallet Display on Vimeo  https://www.coroflot.com/wilsondesign/Plainsman-Pallet-Display all 2D Ai files

2. https://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/large_109508_dc5b77fwyfsmtgtcxbqfyau2t.png

3. And this even has Adobe Premiere video applied to a 2D screen

MiriQ Connect on Vimeo https://vimeo.com/250300524

P.s. I sent all my CAD and 2D file to tickets@adobedimension.com for troubleshooting

"Higher decal resolution – Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

You can e-mail your .dn scene files up to 20MB directly to tickets@adobedimension.com. If it’s larger than 20MB please send via a link using Dropbox, WeShare, Google Drive, or another file transfer service. Please include a brief description to let me know the file shows a pixelated decal."

this is the quality image that needs to be applied to my die-cut:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines