• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted DN Files (Dn 1.0.1 Version)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new update i am still getting corrupt file eror when loading back in a saved file that contains obj objects/meshes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Hi everyone!  Just an update on the corrupted file issue.  We've been working on this for a while now and thank you to everyone who sent in files for us to investigate.  We're getting close to our next release and have a build available on the Dimension CC Prerelease that should open all previously corrupted files.  If you'd like to join just use the link above and download the 1.1.0-RC build.  Please provide any feedback on the Prerelease site forums as it is an NDA community.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update will only prevent files from becoming corrupted.  Unfortunately the ones that were corrupt will not be able to be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update DOES NOT prevent files from becoming corrupted.  Many lost hours into 2 projects created in the newest version, only to have the new files become mysteriously corrupted. Adobe engineering team says they are not able to open newest version files either.  It appears that for right now, the only way to avoid corrupted DN files is to avoid using Adobe Dimension altogether. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry not the case i just created a new project saved it then opened it perfect THEN brought in a OBJ file set it all up , saved it , quit the program then loaded it back in with the error.

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send the .obj file and the corrupted .dn save file to tickets@adobedimension.com and we can investigate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking forward to this update as well , i hope this issue can be sorted

sent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a small update . i can get the document to load in , i have to make permissions on the file to everyone including system on the mac , try loading the file in , error pops up , try again a little more loads in , then try again and the file loads in ..... not perfect but it looks like a file size / polygon count or permission issue..

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone monitor these replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem too with a project. In my instance, I found the cause to be using the duplicate command on objects I'd imported. Every time I duplicated an object, saved then closed the file, I would get the corrupt file error next time I tried to open.

My workaround was to re-import the object file for each instance I wanted to place it in my project. It's a bit more work, but the file can save, close and re-open without error.

I don't know if duplication of objects included with the program will cause the same corruption error as I didn't test that, but it always caused the corruption error when duplicating the 3D object file I imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution. You need to use Copy then Paste as Instance, not Paste on object. After this, you can save and open file with no corrupt error. Yuuupi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks -so far so good with the paste as an instance... God bless You!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This app sucks. About every file (with an obj in it) I re-open, gives the response that the file is corrupt. Adobe, what are you doing? Is anyone from Adobe monitoring this at all? When will you start to take your users serious? Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell me about it,,,, it's not good ...  spend a lot of time doing what this app can do on Cinema 4d. I purchased this to make it easier and have given up using it as I've lost I sooooooo much work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are here and observing, but I don't have any more information to add above the statement I made above.  Please send the .obj file and the corrupted .dn save file to tickets@adobedimension.com and we can investigate!  We are actively investigating but only have one example file so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent files twice to this ticket address and have not gotten any response. If Adobe is listening, they aren't doing anything about what they are hearing....

I'm running the latest version 1.0.1. Files simply cannot be reopened. It's a one-use, one shot program and you pray your system doesn't crash while it's running. Thanks Adobe for creating even more software that we can't actually use in a production environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, natek85275347. No reaction, no cure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive just spoke on chat so hopefully we can get at least a update on the progress

welcome message from me:

Hello can i have an update about Dimensions please. the update did not cure the save then reload back error into the application, users have been told the bug support team have only 1 file to work from so far when ive counted at least 3 users submitting files, this is not good as its a service people are paying for but unable to use including myself.

info: Thanks for contacting us. We’ll find a representative for you to chat with and keep you posted on your wait time.  
This chat will become active once a representative responds.

Did you know you can get answers to most of your Adobe-related questions at helpx.adobe.com? Find helpful video tutorials, tips for troubleshooting, and user guides for all our products. You can even get answers from members of our vibrant forums community. Visit helpx.adobe.com. Please hold for the next available agent.

info: You are now chatting with Prabir Kumar Roy.
Please don’t close the chat window or browser tab since it will end our chat session. 

Prabir Kumar Roy: Hello! Welcome to Adobe support.

Prabir Kumar Roy: Please allow me 1-2 minutes to review your account details.

Prabir Kumar Roy: I am sorry to hear about the issue

Prabir Kumar Roy: I will be happy to provide you the best assistance

Prabir Kumar Roy: May I know the issue you are facing with Dimensions

mark day: the application had a bug that would not let you load in a scene file that contained a OBJ model , version 1.1 was brought out to get round this but it has not even though the update was to solve this problem . the application is un usable because we can not save then load back in, support on the bug submission / forum page is not very good , users have to post comments like " is anyone listing etc etc '

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to mark@*******.co.uk at the end of your chat. 

Prabir Kumar Roy: I am sorry to hear about this issue

Prabir Kumar Roy: however I will go ahead and report this issue to my resources

Prabir Kumar Roy: will it be ok for me to get back to you on this via email once I have a response from them on this issue ?

mark day: yes please.. thank you for your time...mark

Prabir Kumar Roy: welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's mostly just me answering all Dimension questions, tickets, etc.  We had a shutdown for a few weeks and then I was out sick, so getting caught up.  Sincere apologies everyone.  I did send the example files I had received to the engineering team before the holiday shutdown in December and it's a priority for our next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok we understand BUT can any of the users on here tell me are they still paying for the use of this product. Because as i see it the application is purely a sandbox for us to play in and really unable to use it in a production / commercial environment , ive just checked my invoices and im still paying for it. Yes i know its not a foundation product in the Adobe suite but I'm sure users have paid for this product on a single plan and also like myself purchased the whole plan because of the dimension application. it really should not of been released.

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had 3 or 4 projects now in the last month or two that after saving like normal become corrupt next time I go to open. Super sad as some of them were hours of works lost. I do a lot of duplicating in these so maybe thats related to the above post.

I have recently sent 1 file to the email above in hopes they can check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Jeannette,

your last reaction (reaction, not even action) was on 11 January. Silence since then. How about Dimension, Adobe, Jeannette, someone please answer! Your clients are stumbling in the dark. Dimension sucks, so far! Will it suck forever?

Hello?

Hello?

(echo)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do my best to answer across all of the platforms and channels but these forums are the most difficult to keep up with.  I highly recommend joining our Feedback portal to report bugs and request features.

Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

This issue in particular is tracked there as well and got an update 3 days ago.

File May Be Corrupt - Won't Open Saved File – Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!  Just an update on the corrupted file issue.  We've been working on this for a while now and thank you to everyone who sent in files for us to investigate.  We're getting close to our next release and have a build available on the Dimension CC Prerelease that should open all previously corrupted files.  If you'd like to join just use the link above and download the 1.1.0-RC build.  Please provide any feedback on the Prerelease site forums as it is an NDA community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news : My previously corrupt file opens!!

Bad News : Render Preview or trying to render crashes/freezes on the previously corrupt file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines