• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

decal keeps appearing on two sides of the bottle

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a bottle using illustrator and photoshop, and brought it into dimension as .obj

everything is working fine, except when I apply the decals, it appears on both sides (front/back) this is problematic since the bottle is clear glass and I only want the label to appear on one side. Is there any way to fix this?

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 11.13.11 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

thanks for the file... what matters is the way you made it in Photoshop i.e, a smart object = 2 faces for front and back

errorerrorrepairrepairfixedfixed

the best way to repair your bottle is to select [just] the bottle and ask Dimension to make a new UV map... this will now have only a single face for the decal to fix to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

your file back

make new mapmake new map

Screenshot (150).png

fix = make a new uv map

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the image looks like a fill not a decal... can you please share the Dn file so I can take a better look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ive been having exactly the same issue on one of my bottle files, definitely got the label on the bottle as a decal and not a fill, but always gets replicated on the back of the bottle as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you using fill option for decal -you need to customize repeat value. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, share the file = I'll test it for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heres my file

https://we.tl/t-1gIubRqE0k

If it helps the model was made using photoshops 3D capabilities

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the file... what matters is the way you made it in Photoshop i.e, a smart object = 2 faces for front and back

errorerrorrepairrepairfixedfixed

the best way to repair your bottle is to select [just] the bottle and ask Dimension to make a new UV map... this will now have only a single face for the decal to fix to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain these steps? I cannot seem to figure out how to get rid of the double side either. I'm trying to make a transparent front label, with also trying to have a transparent back (has different design than front) but it keeps mirroring and i can't figure out how to stop that. Can you explain what you're doing in this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@colleenbruce, you have a different issue so the steps will be different for you

the op wanted just one image and you in fact want two

please share your Dn file and I'll take a look to see what can be done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue as @colleenbruce, I have a clear tub with a different label on the front and the back. I created my tub using Illustrator and Photoshop and I can't figure out how to have two seperate labels.

Here is my DN file https://we.tl/t-tp0z0OJMcb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your file back

make new mapmake new map

Screenshot (150).png

fix = make a new uv map

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats perfect!

Thank you @Ussnorway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your file back

the repairs are pretty quick this time... yes of course in the long term its better to learn how to make your models correct but this was pretty good mate, so well done!

error 1.pngerror 2.pngrepair.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ussnorway you have covered two separate labels but what do I do if I want one single label as a wrap-around but not as a Fill Graphic?

I tried adding another object I created in photoshop and put it around my tub but it has created me two different problems. 

1. I seem to have a hole in my Label object that I can't seem to get rid of.

2. The label still doesn't seem to wrap properly when I add it as a graphic on the Label model.

Is there a better way to do it?

Here is my DN file:

https://we.tl/t-CmDzCkMQe1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s, just to be clear;

• Decal never goes all the way around
  • for the full 360 you MUST use a fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.

I have used fill on the graphic layer as per your repaired file, but I still can't get the image to wrap all the way around. It always repeats half way around the tub? How do I get the image to wrap all the way around with no repeat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug that do not allows to wrap one decal around sphere object in Dn. It looks distorted at the end and have distorted edges.Is this your problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had that issue when I tried it a different way so gave up on that method, but now I have the issue where I have a full wrap but its repeating half way around instead of full wrap or even a partial wrap no matter what I try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you didn't give me this image so I can't test it but sounds like the shape will end up being the problem i.e, a square image doesn't wrap without cutting part off or double up... you may have better luck learning Blender because that has a tool for unwrapping UV models so you can 'see' how the textures get wrapped around shapes

@Ares no that bug is not the issue... at least not on the pill bottle I was given to test mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not an issue with the image size. I have attached my test label and when I add it to the model you sent over I cannot get the label to go all the way around. It repeats half way around for no reason?

I think the UV mapping is fine as it goes all the way around the tub but its treating the image as though it isnt long enough when it is plenty long enough to go all the way around. Maybe I have some settings wrong but I can't see anything obvious?

https://we.tl/t-4imkhv5T7y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your file back and I owe you an apology... the first label scale was also out and I missed that

repair = i made you a new label at the correct scale

new label.png

Screenshot (322).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines