Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decal's text looks pixelated when rendered

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have this issue with Dimensions where the text that appears in the decal pixelates pretty badly. I have tried using very high resolution (up to 1200 dpi) for the decal file. The original file is all vector made in Illustrator. I've tried using JPG's, PNG's, and PSD's but no luck. I also used CC Libraries and used the Illustrator file as an asset and pulled it into Dimensions. Every single render still looks the same. I am rendering it at 2300 pix x 2300 pix and at high quality (tried medium and low too but the same happens).

Here's an example of how it looks. Looks at the "V" in "Vite".

171213_safevite_bottle_group_001-snapshot.png

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Hi Jenz!  There are a few things at the moment:

• When using an .AI or .SVG file from Libraries Dimension needs to rasterize it to non-vector pixels.  This process does not actually make it "low-res" as ussnorway suggested.  By default they are rendered at 8,000 x 8,000 pixels.  Dimension doesn't yet have a mechanism in place to call for specific dimensions so we're loading a rather large image right now.  Resolution of the file itself is not actually the issue.
  • The second thing is that when a decal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I learned. As a really new user of Dimensions I learned that if Dimensions does not like a particular object (don't know the whys) it will render the decal pixelated.

This image I'm including is of a 5 gallon paid from 2 different sources with some minor tinkering from me. The pixelated one I worked on for days with different format, color spaces, resolutions and file types. I went so far as to upgrade my OS to get the latest version of Dimensions. When that failed I found another pail and this is the different results:

Animal pail sample.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does everyone keep calling it Dimensions? Mine is called Dimension. Is it like Home Depot where everyone just calls is that even though the actual name is The Home Depot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess for some of us life isn't so easy that we would be bothered by an extra "s".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this will be fixed [i.e, able to be fixed by the user when it pops up] when the software allows some way to take back control over the Uv map... as it stands now, the best you can do is hope a auto-remaping of the Uv allows a clean rendor

as always, fix the model 1st is the best workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late to the party but whether I used 300dpi jpgs, png or vector at 100% results were completely blurred. Rather than use a Dm object, in this case a cube modified to my dimensions, I created the same thing in Illustrator, extruded and exported as .obj. Fixed the problem immediately. Pin sharp decals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines