• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension is no longer Available

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance has been announced and according to the post this would not affect Dimension, however I could not update my Dimension (I used it 1 day ago and it was fine) and had to uninstall to re-install the app...and it has totally disappeared from Creative Cloud which states it is no longer available.

Has Dimension been discontinued out of nowhere for Substance (which isn't included in CC plans) or is there something wrong with the app?

TOPICS
Creative , Download and install , Hardware , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Dimension is still available for Creative Cloud All Apps plans.  Stager and Dimension are not supported on Apple Silicon M1 devices and will not show up if you are on that type of device.  If you're NOT on M1 device and still don't see it in Creative Cloud dekstop please

• Click on your profile picture in CCD
  • Select "Preferences"
  • Go to the "Apps" tab
  • Enable "Show older apps" option

If you're on an enterprise account "show older apps" may be disabled by your enterprise admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dand59655634_0-1624545227266.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes don't get me started, I had to contact support so that they could send me the dmg file to resinstall it on OSX.

According to support it is still "available" and will get updates in the future.

Not totally convinced by the last part.

I honestly thing they should just have given us Stager as it is basicly Dimension enhanced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave Stager a shot with the free trial, it is exactly Dimension but with the features people have requested over time, bit of a shame that it's going to be an additional cost for something that would be previously included in "All App" plans...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"All App" Plan is converting to 25% of Adobe products plan...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes its a mistake guys... Adobe Dimension bubble doesn't talk to Adobe CC bubble so it got marked as end of life too soon

try again on Monday when the server resets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes perhaps it should have been merged into on product 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension is still available for Creative Cloud All Apps plans.  Stager and Dimension are not supported on Apple Silicon M1 devices and will not show up if you are on that type of device.  If you're NOT on M1 device and still don't see it in Creative Cloud dekstop please

• Click on your profile picture in CCD
  • Select "Preferences"
  • Go to the "Apps" tab
  • Enable "Show older apps" option

If you're on an enterprise account "show older apps" may be disabled by your enterprise admin.

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JMathews,

I tried this. But no such option exists for me..please take a look below

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 4.33.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're part of an enterprise or educational organization your Creative Cloud administrator may have disabled the option to download older apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JMathews,

I also have the same problem as RLM3249 and I have the subscription that is under the pricing plan for "Individuals" not "Business", meaning I don't have the centralized admin functions. I was thinking that maybe since I started subscription on 28 June, after the announcement of Substance 3d, Dimension is not available to me and is available only to subscribers before the announcement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be available with anyone with CC All Apps plans, even if subscribing after the Stager and Substance 3D announcements.  If it's still not showing up, please reach out to account support via chat or email.  Unfortunately as the Stager product manager there's limited knowledge and support I can give for accounts/installation/CC Desktop which is managed separately from the apps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JMatthews! 

Thanks for being so helpful.

I have the same problem unfortunately. I really want to install Dimension and learn to use it. I'm on an all app business plan.

I checked the "show older apps" thingy and still Dimension is nowhere to be seen. Then I spoke to my teams subscription admin and there's nothing disabling it in the console. Can you help me, please? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

I think I understood why it is not working for me. It turns out that Dimension and Stager don't work on Apple M1 computers, even with Rosetta it is not available. I didn't know this was possible (I thought all non-native apps can be used with Rosetta), so I did not research this topic. When I decided to try Stager and discovered that I cannot find it anywhere to download, only then I found this issue.  it is only these two apps that are not available with M1 chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting thing, the 'show older apps' setting does appear on my Intel based MacBook Pro, and that makes Dimension show up. But on my M1 iMac that option is missing, so no way to try Dimension using Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension and stager both do not work for Apple M1 devices.  

You can track this for Stager here:
https://feedback.substance3d.adobe.com/forums/936174-substance-3d-stager/suggestions/43720248-suppor...

And Dimension here:

https://feedback.adobedimension.com/forums/552559/suggestions/42169345

If you vote on the ideas you'll get updates when the status changes for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh my apologies, I should have caught this.  Yes, Dimension and Stager are both hidden for M1 devices.  We're in discussion and investigation for M1 support and hope to have it soon.

You can track this for Stager here:
https://feedback.substance3d.adobe.com/forums/936174-substance-3d-stager/suggestions/43720248-suppor...

And Dimension here:

https://feedback.adobedimension.com/forums/552559/suggestions/42169345

If you vote on the ideas you'll get updates when the status changes for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fixes yet? Still can't download Adobe Dimension.... Hurting my workflow 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after a bit of fiddling, it did work just the way JMatthews said 

Click on your profile picture in CCD
Select "Preferences"
Go to the "Apps" tab
Enable "Show older apps" option

The problem was that creative cloud was a bit stubborn, so I had to restart a few times till it caugh on and I could finally download DN. Hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that was exactly the help I was looking for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me,thanks a lot !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image006.png

You definitly have to make it right ...

It's says "

it's right dimension does not exist anymore and is no more part of creative cloud

this software has been replaced by substance but substance is not in the creative suite you have to take another subscription"

I am teaching dimension in a school and we have several student canceled our course after reciving this king of message. We are litterally loosing money in this hard time because of your bad communication. Please make it right in the creative suite page. 

Is it gone or not ??  if it is not gone it shouldn't be in the "old app" because it's still part of the plan 

If it's gone or will be gone in a near future please make it clear. We have to know where we are going

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension is gone but it is not end of life [yet]... I agree the message is clear as mud but imo you will need to move on to Substance, Blender, Iclone or whatever else if teaching paying students

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree they handeled that bad, should just have replaces Dimenstion by Stager for everyone who has Dimension in their Subscription.

Now I just tell everyone to use Blender, it is free and has more advanced feature.

Yes ok it is a bit harder to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
unfortunately this solution doesn't work for me.

• I have an older Macbook with an intel processor and a company plan.
  • Dimensions is not listed anymore among my available apps list
  • Dimensions is already installed and worked until recently
  • I've checked the "show older apps" option
  • started Dimensions from Creative Cloud App
  • Dimension starts and when ready a screen appears that I should start the app from the CC App (which I did), after that the app shuts down.

Any suggestions?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-23 um 23.18.32.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-23 um 23.17.33.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-23 um 23.16.33.png

   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines