Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with glass bottle

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am having issueslighting my bottle with liquid and not having weird shadows aapear in the bottle,  I am also having difficulties in making my label a clear sticker.  Any hekp would be apprecaited.  I attached a photo of what it should look like without the label and with a different liquid.  I need my liquid to be clear.

Thanks so much!

Here is the link to the file in case the attachment didnt work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/to3u3ctjz7q2ooo/GIN%20BOTTLE.dn?dl=0

TOPICS
Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

examples

material image mapmaterial image mapmaterial opacity mapmaterial opacity maptransluceny = crap exampletransluceny = crap exampleopacity exampleopacity examplemade in Photoshopmade in Photoshopmade in Photoshopmade in Photoshop

your UV mapyour UV map

• only Dimenion V1 can do transluceny correct... after that Apple Mac started their BS fight with Nvidia and Adobe moved to untested drivers
  • I use the label template included in Photoshop to make these example because the UV map is a lot better than whatever your model was made with... this isn't really needed but lining up images will be much harder if you use yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lets start with the liquid... you made it hollow so light changes colour when it hits the air in the middle and your best repair is to remake the liquid as a fill [its suttle but i have taken two screengrabs to try and show the diffence as light hits it]

Screenshot (584).png

Screenshot (583).png

q2

I am also having difficulties in making my label a clear sticker.

the label is already pretty clear so you want it to only show the image itself and the rest don't show at all?

you can do that with an opacity map but I can't demo it because you didn't include the image... basic shapes work best with opacity maps so small text extra will not look good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

examples

material image mapmaterial image mapmaterial opacity mapmaterial opacity maptransluceny = crap exampletransluceny = crap exampleopacity exampleopacity examplemade in Photoshopmade in Photoshopmade in Photoshopmade in Photoshop

your UV mapyour UV map

• only Dimenion V1 can do transluceny correct... after that Apple Mac started their BS fight with Nvidia and Adobe moved to untested drivers
  • I use the label template included in Photoshop to make these example because the UV map is a lot better than whatever your model was made with... this isn't really needed but lining up images will be much harder if you use your UV map

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!, someone made me a few models.  Im not sure what they did it in but besides the liquid are there other issues that are causing the lighting to have weird shadows.?  Aslo is it possible to use dimensio v1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your file back

p.s, I owe you an apology... the bad UV map was made in Dimension and I should have trigged to that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no apology needed, i honestly am pretty inexperienced in 3d.  Im just trying to provide renders for my client of the different labels i have created 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it the same issue with this file?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emc90nbv519lfl1/GEO%20R2a.dn?dl=0

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you tell me

your file back

beforebeforegap in the middlegap in the middleliquid fillliquid fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!, how did you do this? i have one more bottle i need fixed n not sure how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how did you do this?

I remade your liquid model in Photoshop which is the 3D I like to work with but its hard to learn and to be blunt Adobe has just buggered it up with untested changes so Blender is where I tell people to learn now

Dn file

there are 3 different [main] types of 3D liquid models and which is 'best' = depends on the camera angle

• left [full fill], middle your hollow model and right is the [half fill] model I sent you back

full fill models have major rendor issues and will only really be worth using in liquid because they never look clean during rendor... most computers get upset because they have more than one point for each 'line' but they can look ok as a liquid inside something else [avoid them otherwise]

p.s, don't take my word for it but download the Dn and make your own mind up mate

• [edit] just to be clear, I have deliberately shown the middle part as a different material to make it stand out in these examples... you would not normally do that i.e, just make the entire model one material = best rendor results

Screenshot (600).pngScreenshot (599).pngScreenshot (598).png

show inside themshow inside them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines