• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove unwanted material assigned to surface?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tagging the surfaces of a model with various materials. However, I've noticed that some parts of the model have multiple materials assigned, like this...

MultipleMaterials.png

I assume the highlighted one is the material actually selected and shown in the editor and rendering. However, I don't see any way of removing the unwanted/extra ones. (There is no "trash can" icon or other means of deleting.)

I would like to clean up my model so I have only one material showing for each surface or part. Please advise on how to do that.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes but you can select the entire model and give it a new material to replace all the parts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I understand. I have already gone through my entire model and tagged each surface with the desired material. However, for some surfaces, there is more than one material showing up -- those are what I want to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines