Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have an issue with a label (decal) on a jar

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dimension community,

I am having a problem placing a graphic on a cylinder jar powder.

The front image looks great. The sides look corrupt at the end of the label. (see attached)

If you have a solution, it would help me tremendously.

Thank you in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzpcv4mhbd00dvf/Powder%20Jars%20test.dn?dl=0

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Yes that known issue for Dn, The solution is Export UV's. Please review

https://youtu.be/jFFqWHD3Q_4

please remember that you need to import exported Ps as decal that allow to edit it in real time.

Export model UVs as images (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

No any difference between modes: fill or decal. IMHO it must be same as it render from original size.   Usually I render as PSD, make correction in photoshop and then export final image. You can try to make it a little bit sharper in Ps 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that known issue for Dn, The solution is Export UV's. Please review

https://youtu.be/jFFqWHD3Q_4

please remember that you need to import exported Ps as decal that allow to edit it in real time.

Export model UVs as images (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ares Hovhannesyan This was very helpful. Do you have tips on exporting a UV on a transparent object. I've been trying to place artwork that has a white background and the white background of the artwork becomes transparent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAn you show screenshot to understand. Did you mean that you want to place transparent decal on the object and after render it become white? Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ares Hovhannesyan What I meant is I'm trying to apply a white background label onto a transparent jar.  The image on the left is the label added a decal. The one on the right is the label added as an image following your instructions. The artwork is the same but on the right the label becomes transparent instead of white.

PS. The jar has a yellow substance inside.

24BB2F4A-1C73-4870-B9AB-6D24385D3B92.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ares, again thank you so much for your answer.

I have an other question. Since I export UV (for my object) I opened the psd file and place the best I could my vector pdf label. So far so good. Then I applied the psd file on Graphic above the material and set the graphic to "Fill". That worked. However now my label look like lower resolution, see the images below.

Could you let me know what I missed or if there is a solution?

Thank you

Also I am french and a big fan of Aznavour as well as Bogossian (won the world cup 98 for France) 😉

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nowfpro72vl1yh6/Powder%20Jars%20Ares.dn?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear that you know Armenian people.

The image rosoulution is one of the big problem that user have with Dn and not depend on user.

Anyway 4000 px is a limit for decals. Try that. May be that can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i'll try the 4000px instead of the 2024px resolution. You said Deal but when I bring the psd UV file to my graphic I place it as Fill not Decal, is that wrong.

Anyhow, Thank you so much Ares!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No any difference between modes: fill or decal. IMHO it must be same as it render from original size.   Usually I render as PSD, make correction in photoshop and then export final image. You can try to make it a little bit sharper in Ps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked Ares, thx a million.

I am subscribing to your youtube channel too.

I don't understand how there aren't more channels like your aboout adobe Dimensions.

You rock boss!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear that it works for you also:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines