• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images become corrupted when applied to surface

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time using Adobe Dimension — really wanting this to be a reliable tool for creating custom mockups, but pretty disappointed so far. I'll assume that the fault is on my end since I'm a beginner. In the attached images, you can see that my PNG image is immediately corrupted during the place function, and then remains corrupted after I've committed the place. Weirdly, the image on the main panel did not corrupt, even though they were both PNGs that were exported from the same Ai file at the same relative scale.

Could it have anything to do with how I built the file? I created the front panel by extruding a line in the shape of the bag contour, but created the side gusset by extruding a solid shape by just .5mm (watched many tutorials, but didn't find the "correct" way to do this if different).

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 2.25.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-22 at 2.25.42 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

yes its the way you made your model and yes normally Dimension can fix it for you without needing to remake the model correct

1. when repairing a model first select it and then ask Dimension to generate a new UV map

2. in this case only part of the model is busted so I would use the magic wand tool to select only the busted face and then give that face a new \ different material... this should auto generate a new UV map for that face without touching the UV map for other faces

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes its the way you made your model and yes normally Dimension can fix it for you without needing to remake the model correct

1. when repairing a model first select it and then ask Dimension to generate a new UV map

2. in this case only part of the model is busted so I would use the magic wand tool to select only the busted face and then give that face a new \ different material... this should auto generate a new UV map for that face without touching the UV map for other faces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also try to use new feature

https://youtu.be/jFFqWHD3Q_4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines