• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Labels become almost transparent when object it's place on has reduced opacity

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to put an image onto what would be a mostly transparent acrylic frame. I have the label (a photograph) set for 100% and the acrylic frame it's applied to set for 10% so it's mostly see-through. 

Unfortunately, the label also becomes transparent when I make what it's applied to (the acrylic frame) at the 10% opacity. Is there something I'm missing in the settings that will help me keep the label at 100%. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st of all yes of course it does... that is what you asked it to do afterall

2nd transparent / transluceny doesn't work from v2 onwards... see https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/can-t-get-translucency-to-create-transparent-objects/m-p/10...

last = use an opacity map as a work around i.e, black is hide and white is show

see https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/how-to-make-a-hollowed-sphere-and-add-a-hole-on-it-in-dimen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm asking for the label to not lose it's opaqueness when it's placed on something trasnparent - so I'm not sure what you're refering to when you say that's what I'm asking for. Seems silly to have an opacity setting for both the acrylic and the label, but one overrides the other.

I'll look into the other links you sent me. I was hoping to not mess with opacity maps when I saw the individual opacity dials, but that's what other 3D programs use so I'll have to do it too, it looks like.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try this?

https://youtu.be/7PybE_xabSE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines