• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing share button for embedding a 3D scene

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a "Creative Cloud All Apps with 100GB" subscription.
I have published a 3D scene using adobe Dimension: 
https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:c16fc65c-369a-4e3e-b0e4-c6be2bdd0b06?view=dimension

I'd like to embed it another website but there is no "share" button on the top-right corner as this tutorial claim to be:
https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/using/publish-3d-scene.html?jarvisData=%7B%22versionPath%22%3A%222...

According to CC, all my apps are up-to-date.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

in general iframes are seen as old code which many sites are moving away from but Adobe should not have removed the option with out at least telling people... mistake or by design aside, this has to be sorted by Adobe staff

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes i think it's an issue. No share option on my side with Dn scene or Stager Scene. I'm going to check if i find something about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think the share option was removed when Dimension was flaged for end of life by the creative cloud guys but J has since asked them to remove the need to tick on 'show old apps' and other roadblocks

are we talking about personal accounts and not Enterprise or school accounts because they have share disabled by default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ussnorway I'm not sure if I fully understand your response.
I've purchased (and renewed) a single "Creative Cloud All Apps with 100GB" plan since 2 years ago.

I'm a researcher at university, but this subscription has not been purchased by the university (No IT personnel administrate my account). My adobe ID is: mdehghan@uw.edu

Are you saying there is a setting that I need to change in order to activate the "share" button?

If yes, please describe where the setting is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are 3 basic account types which break down as;

• personal = you own the files and can do whatever you like,
  • enterprise = the company owns the files and the boss can do whatever he likes but employees need his permisson &
  • school = the student owns the files but needs the schools permission to use them... young minds have to be protected from p0rn so its the think of the kids BS you only see in schools.

it sounds like you have a personal account [dispite the uni email address] so yes share should be working and the fact that its not makes this a job for Adobe staff... we can't fix account errors as we don't work for Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks.

Who should I contacte then?
It's disappointing that issues like this that completely cripples the workflow are left unanswered by Adobe.

I've paid for the most expensive plan and yet here I go; thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I able to do now after "Publish 3D Scene" in Dn is ability to copy Link URL or write/sends comments. (for personal acount)

AresHovhannesyan_0-1643371629441.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copying the asset link doesn't work for embeding because it doesn't work for reasons that are not the focus of this thread. The "share icon" that could generate the proper embed link (iframe) is missing and needs to be fixed.

To illustrate why copying the link does not work (for embeding), I made a simple html file and compared a proper embed link (from youtube, as an example) with the link of my adobe 3D scene asset that.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 5.09.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in general iframes are seen as old code which many sites are moving away from but Adobe should not have removed the option with out at least telling people... mistake or by design aside, this has to be sorted by Adobe staff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But Behance, which is Adobe family software is using iFrame as their 3D code if you want to put your 3D project. So, I hope Adobe staff resolve this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

each software is their own little bubble with no clue what happens elsewhere in Adobe... for a few years the Max events helped get people outside in 'the real world' to talk to each other but those days are gone now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again Adobe is alienating an entire design community. I can create a link to a 3D scene in Dimension, but I can't embed it in Behance for my portfolio? Not what I would call a good user experience from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those who still want to get the iframe code from the 3D scene, I've found a way to work around this issue using google inspection.

_In your 3d Scene, right click > Inspect

_Perform search in the Inspection tab (Command F/Control F) > Type "iframe" > Copy the iframe code

and there you have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines