• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No shadow showing on rendered image v. 3.4

Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

repeating an earlier question. Shadow shows in design, but not in render or render preview.
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.51.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.51.57 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Problem kind of solved. Rendered shadows will appear, but appear very faintly, almost non-existent on a darker background. The difference between canvas and render views of shadows are quite confusing. My solution was to generate the PSD rendered file, and then go into the layer with the shadow and beef it up to where it will be visible. Wish the canvas and render previews could be closer, but ast least I know now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to share the Dn file I'll be happy to test it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way to send to you. Forum does not allow fileshares

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried every option I could think of, but cannot get any type of shadows to show in render preview or final render.
Path of least resistance will be to simply create these in Photoshop. Added benefit will be faster render times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Dimension has an issue with shadows in render preview and final, then a good solution for me, since I only need for web, would be a screenshot in design mode. Is there anyway to remove the perspective grid in this mode? 
two.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem kind of solved. Rendered shadows will appear, but appear very faintly, almost non-existent on a darker background. The difference between canvas and render views of shadows are quite confusing. My solution was to generate the PSD rendered file, and then go into the layer with the shadow and beef it up to where it will be visible. Wish the canvas and render previews could be closer, but ast least I know now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines