Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object as a Smart Object

Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would it be possible to have a object behave as a smart object does in Photoshop? I wish to create my model, duplicate it several times and place it in different situations on the same scene. Then if I wish to change the a decal on the model, I will just have to go into one of the models and update it there and it should automatically update all the other models as well.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

a smart object can't be edited... the point is the image stays as started and some student doesn't put a black X in the middle of it by mistake

what you want is a template where one object gets fully or party copied to other objects... dimension allows you to do this

may a vid help?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what you decribe is not a smart object because it can be changed but yes it is possible to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ussnorway  Thanks for your reply. If it "can be changed" then how does it do what I wish to do? The idea is to make a change to one object and have X amount of other objects update at the same time with the same change. How would that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a smart object can't be edited... the point is the image stays as started and some student doesn't put a black X in the middle of it by mistake

what you want is a template where one object gets fully or party copied to other objects... dimension allows you to do this

may a vid help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! Paste as Instance! Missed that feature. That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines