• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import model Error

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of nowhere Dimenions is giving me an 'Unable to import model' error for any OBJ I attempt to import. Inititally I was thinking it was an issue with a new model I downloaded, but I'm receiving the same error with all OBJ files I've previously imported into Dimensions. I've tried a fresh install, as well as previous versions. Not sure what to do next.

System:

Windows 10 Pro Ver 21H2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

32BG RAM

GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Thank you for letting us know about this issue! The .obj file and Adobe Stock 3D assets import error has been fixed in the latest version of Dimension v3.4.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

share the model please but understand that Obj has dozens of different types... normally wavefront obj is a safe bet

when you say it worked before... you imported a Obj file and then exported it from Dimension as what Obj, Dn etc or you now can't import that same file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having precisely the same issue - worked fine last week, but now, no matter what I attempt to import (including adobe starter assets) I get an unsupported model error. I have Uninstalled Dimensions and re-installed twice to no avail. 

Apple M1 Max

64 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also facing the same problem with Adobe Dimension, it was working fine two days ago, now i cannot import any model although all are downloaded from Adobe stock (old ones, new ones, even the ones i already used...) any assistance would be great. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an FYI - I uninstalled and moved to an older version (3.4.6), and things are working fine again. Not the ideal solution, but I have some functionality back. The other workaround that I found was to open a scene that had the asset I was trying to import - delete everything but the model I was looking for and Save As a new file - for some reason, even on the current version of Dimension, that was giving me errors, it would still let me import that save as file as long as it was saved as a .dn. Who knows - I feel like the latest update is playing with things - I have also been getting a considerable amount of crashes and hangs recently - something that was never an issue in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this response -- uninstalling and downgrading to 3.4.6 worked for me. I was about to lose my mind trying to figure this out and unfortunately Adobe support was absolutely no help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thank you for the suggestion, I reverted back like 4 updates and it is working for me, but I have never had so many projects just fail while working. Seems to be happening when I copy and paste an object more than like 5-6 times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Down-grading to 3.4.7 worked for me. I can now import Adobe assest models without issue.

Not being able to import Adobe's own models is a pretty serious bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same exact 'Unable to import model' for a ton of objects (seemingly random which objects work and which ones cause the error). I updated Dimension today to 3.4.8,  and the error started happening right after that update, I was not running into this issue at all previously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here having the same issue, I cannot import any of my adobe stock models. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% the issue with the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to creative cloud->apps->found dimensions->options->installed the previous version = all works again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me as well. Thanks for sharing the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problems, I cannot import some of the adobe models.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) - macOS Monterey 12.6.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue and it's frustrating because I'm using it for a huge project I have due next week. I tried contacting Adobe but they have yet to respond. I hope everything is resolved soon. Is reversing the update the only way it works for now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back seems to be the only solution at this time. No word of a fix from Adobe either... perhaps forced migration to Substance subscription?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue.  

Everything was working fine yesterday, and today i cannot import any file type model. 

Please help ADOBE - we all have deadlines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. The standard "Coffee cup" model which is one of the built-in models within Dimension generates the "Unable to import model" error, but the "Square bottle" and "Round bottle" are fine. The two "Beverage can" models will not import, but the "Drink carton" will. Hopefully, Adobe fixes this quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC, and want macOS ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is so wack, so many errors and issues all the time with premier pro and dimension. 
they robbing our money, my creative drive and my soul. smh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here -ADOBE - we expect some support.  Where are you here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Trying to import licensed objects (.obj) into dimension but I get an error message saying it cannot import the file. I also do not know how to transcode the .obj file into another file format (media transcoder is not accepting .obj files)... please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem as well, can't import any OBJ at all - even the simplest geometries.
I'll switch back to the previous version which worked fine, I hope this is addressed by Adobe soon, it's honestly ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue since update cannot import even adobe stock. 

Os 13.2.1 (22D68)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Unable to import model - including the starter assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines