Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very dark or black glass problems.

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having an issue where any glass objects appear very dark or black on white backgrounds... I have searched everywhere and tried everything to fix the issue, but the only way to somewhat fix the problem is to set the light intensity way too high, drowning out every other aspect.

Is this a problem with the application, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

There are a few known bugs with how glass renders in Dimension and we've made some big improvements on our side!  It will be resolved in our next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few known bugs with how glass renders in Dimension and we've made some big improvements on our side!  It will be resolved in our next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have that problem. Could it be some hardware incompatibility? This model did today and the watch has a glass in front of the image. I've had some problems when I use the wrong lighting style, but I do not think that's your problem.Relogio4.jpgCoca 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the issue is specifically when rendering over a flat white color background, not an image.  See the below screenshot with a glass bottle on a white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I understand. This does not happen to me because even if I want a white or infinite background, I always use an image to guide the program. I always find it normal to turn black, because if you do not change the ambient light, it maintains the settings of the standard ambient lights, and the standard lights have a dark picture.2.jpg1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I've included an image and used Match Image to create the new ambient light, I can delete the bacground image that the ambient light remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have a new build available in the Dimension CC Prerelease that has resolved several issues with glass.  It looks significantly better now!  You're welcome to join and try features early.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines