Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom in without changing camera distance

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I want to zoom in to a product to get it large enough pixelwise but I need the camera to be at a certain distance to get the rigth angle. How do I render that?
Or if I could select to only render the object in a large scale and disregard the background.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no its not possible to 'zoom in' without moving the camera because thats what zoom means however you may be able to get the same effect by up scaling the model instead i.e, leave the camera where it is and make the model bigger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but that would make the render time much longer. Is there maybe a way to just render parts of the canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scale doesn't effect rendor times but complexitly does; so for example if your model has 3 coloured lights shining on the surface of a plastic material then that will take longer to rendor because the system has to work out which colour mixes on what pixels... rendoring the plastic surface 2mm or 20mm isn't an issue

please take/ post a few screenshots of your models and scene so we can see what you are trying to work out... at this point that's your best way forward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basicly what I want is the camera distance and angle to be like screenshot 1 but I need the size pixelwise like screenshot 2. When I set the image to maximal size the render time goes from 16 to 32 minutes but the label still is a bit to small so what I would want is to render only the label or can in a large size. I will use it for print so I need it to be highres. I don't need the background at all.

The labels below is blurred for security reasons.

Skärmavbild 2022-04-05 kl. 13.34.57.pngSkärmavbild 2022-04-05 kl. 13.37.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmm the first thing I'd do is adjust your canvas down to remove pixels you don't need

Ares posted a short vid that covers that part

then i would set two camera bookmarks [close up + zoom out] to rendor your can labels at the 2 views... this is 3D not print so the size of your label is the size of your can no matter how big the images started it will be adjusted down to fit the car during rendor

p.s, @davescm or @Ares Hovhannesyan may have some ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this didn't help me with the size I need and the same time reasonable render times.

I'll keep trying to find a reasoanble way to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fill the frame but keep the angles the same, change the camera field of view (leaving the position untouched). Render time may increase with additional complexity filling the frame but that is just a fact of life. For fast rendering you would need to move to alternative software that utilises the GPU for rendering.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have tried that but to fill the canvas the object disappears in the bottom like this screenshot. So maybe I need to move to another platform that supports larger canvas sizes and that can utilies the GPU.Skärmavbild 2022-04-06 kl. 14.27.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a platform or GPU issue but simply that your camera is not centered on the object.

That said, if you want faster rendering, then yes GPU rendering is the way to go.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I know it is not centered and that is the way I want it. It would just be geat if you could render specific parts of the canvas instead of rendering the whole lot. It would be so much faster : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines