• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14 Day Trial Ended in 7 Days

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was given a 14-day trial for Creative Cloud, and after 7 days I'm met with this:

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 12.05.30 PM.png

The Adobe Support account on Twitter said I should post this here to get assistance. I'd like the full trial, it's only two weeks and I hardly had a chance to try it out.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

After more than two weeks of absolutely frustrating and infuriating interactions with Adobe Support, someone named Britt stepped in via Twitter to help me get the trial working and provided extra time on the trial to make up for the run-around I was getting from other support reps.

So thank you, Britt, for restoring my faith in Adobe, and for stepping in to make things right.

But please, Adobe, fix your support chain. It shouldn't lead to angering your customers before you eventually do the righ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Cloud trials are 7 days.

What made you think you had a 14 day trial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TomHu has a legit claim.  While I am struggling to find the URL, it was not hard to do the first time and it did indeed advertise 14 day trials.  I'll post back if I can find the page again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you're right. Looks like a regional offer.

https://www.adobe.com/downloads.html​ = 14 day trial

Same for Italy, Spain...

https://www.adobe.com/au/downloads.html​ = 7 day trial

https://www.adobe.com/fr/downloads.html​ = 7 day trial

I wonder when that (7/14 day trials) started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Waller  wrote

All Cloud trials are 7 days.

What made you think you had a 14 day trial?

Because Adobe Support told me the trial was for 14 days.

Also, the Adobe website says the trial is for 14 days.

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 1.24.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems to be a regional offer depending on where you are in the world.

The 7 and 14 day wording varies depending on where you get redirected to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but if it says 14 days it should be 14 days. Contact customer support on this.

It could however be that the OP « cheated » about his location when getting the offer. (cheated is not quite the right word, as it supposes a bad intend, what I would not intend to suggest here).

And there could be simple operations like setting back the systems time or similar that simply stop the trial.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's nothing nefarious going on, I've had my Adobe account for a long time, they know where I live. 

I haven't changed my system clock, does that actually work?

I was just hoping to get the full trial before giving Adobe a lot of money every year to use their software. I'm using Photoshop CS6 and wanted to see how much has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no help at all from Adobe about this issue, either here or on Twitter. Is this what I can expect if I pay them to rent their software? On Twitter, this is one of the replies I got:

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 11.05.56 PM.png

What in the world does this have to do with my trial expiring halfway through? Does Adobe actually provide real customer support anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as getting help thru the forums goes, these are primarily user to user forums, with intermittent attention paid by Adobe staff members.  It's not really the place to go if you have a problem involving access to use the software.  I am not aware what they do for folks thru Twitter.

You can try contacting Adobe Customer Support directly thru chat, or by phone if they provide that access where you live, though I suspect you will still reach a dead end as far as getting any action with respect to getting the 14 day trial you expected.  I am pessimistic that way, especially when it comes to seeing how Customer Support interacts non-paying customers... (nevermind what some of the paying ones go thru).  Still, worth a try to find out more assuredly if their performance can answer your question.

Contact support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat or phone option...

Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_change-or-upgrade-your-mem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your helpful reply. It's the first one I've had in this forum in a long time that wasn't accompanied with snark or umbrage.

The Adobe Support account on Twitter told me to post this problem here in the forum. Clearly the intention was to fob me off to someone else because they had no interest in trying to figure out why their trial doesn't work.

I think Adobe customer support is a complete mess. I've been an Adobe customer for a long time (and hate this Creative Cloud rental plan), but I'm reluctant to jump into a year-long rental contract with them when their support appears to be scattered, inaccurate, and often arrogant, including here in the forums from some of the ACP people. They just don't seem to care at all about paying or longtime customers. Nearly every interaction I have with Adobe customer support is negative and makes me dislike their company more and more, making their software rental plans feel more like ransom.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised they just don't care anymore, this horrible rental model they've implemented assures they get their monthly fees no matter how bad their customer support is or how many bugs are in their software. Very disappointing and discouraging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After literally days of trying to get this Adobe CC trial working, and spending hours with various Adobe Support people, it still shows "Trial Expired" next to Photoshop CC. And then today, this is how Adobe responds:

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 1.05.46 PM.png

LOL! They couldn't figure it out, so they just closed my case with no explanation. I have a trial that they even extended, but can't use.

Adobe is making more than enough money, I don't understand why their support is so bad and why something as simple as a free trial is so difficult to figure out. I've jumped through all of their hoops, which included removing all Adobe software and reinstalling everything. Still shows "Trial Expired." So their answer was the close my case. That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Try this: log out of Creative Cloud > Quit > Relaunch > log back in. If that doesn't work, reopen the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jane,

I've already tried that numerous times, doesn't work.

I'm not going to reopen the case, I've already wasted so much time on this, and the trial will be over by the time it ever gets fixed anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After more than two weeks of absolutely frustrating and infuriating interactions with Adobe Support, someone named Britt stepped in via Twitter to help me get the trial working and provided extra time on the trial to make up for the run-around I was getting from other support reps.

So thank you, Britt, for restoring my faith in Adobe, and for stepping in to make things right.

But please, Adobe, fix your support chain. It shouldn't lead to angering your customers before you eventually do the right thing. I'm sure this whole fiasco wasted just as much of your own time as it did mine. Please re-evaluate how your handle customer support here on the forum, via Twitter, and via chat. In fact, please get Britt to teach some of the others how to do it right, thanks.

Now on to giving the new Photoshop a test drive, FINALLY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines