• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2020 Needs To Support Windows 7.

Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having been properly corrected for requesting that CC2019 support Windows 7 (it does), I'm rewriting this post to say what I really meant to say.

To clarify, CC2019 is launching now. The next major release will be CC2020, launching in a year. This is when Adobe has said they will stop supporting Windows 7.

I understand that Windows extended support of Windows 7 is supposed to end in January of 2020. But that is not going to happen according to the numbers. And given that Windows is still operating on 40% of Windows PC's (most of which will probably still run Windows7 this time next year), Adobe should release a product that supports those users. As a user who still runs Windows 7 (for performance, stability and usability reasons) and a person who uses Adobe products every day, I can say that I will not be upgrading my primary workstation to Windows 10 until I absolutely have to.

I have Windows 10 on two laptops and it is an inconvenient 'upgrade' to say the least. After Effects (my primary Adobe program) gives me inconsistent results when trying to open projects there. Sometimes they completely crash AE (just trying to open a project!). Given this experience, I am in no hurry to 'upgrade' my primary workstation (which my business depends on) to Windows 10. I can imagine there are many other creative professionals in a similar position.

Please consider us for at least the CC2020 release. Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

This is a user to user forum and as a user I can not talk for Adobe on this subject and I doubt that Adobe will make a commitment here.

However, it has always be the policy of Adobe to support the current versions of an OS and several versions back, to give the user the possibility for a smooth transition.

When Microsoft suspends the security updates for your current Windows 7 system, you and all others will indeed run into deep security troubles as shown with what happend to Windows XP. I would

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum and as a user I can not talk for Adobe on this subject and I doubt that Adobe will make a commitment here.

However, it has always be the policy of Adobe to support the current versions of an OS and several versions back, to give the user the possibility for a smooth transition.

When Microsoft suspends the security updates for your current Windows 7 system, you and all others will indeed run into deep security troubles as shown with what happend to Windows XP. I would never recommend anyone to stay on an unmaintained OS level.

Also testing software on all different platforms is a major task that does not facilitate the software developers task to deliver performance and stability. So I doubt that Adobe will continue supporting Windows 7 behond the dates given by Adobe.

In your case you will have the choice to continue working with your now current software, skipping some of the upgrades until the day you are ready for upgrading your OS.

I for my needs, I have several workstations running Windows 10. But I'm on those workstations currently no big consumer of video editing software. All I know is that Adobe software runs quite stable on those systems, except that I think that the need for memory upgrades gets imminent. FYI: I have 16Gb and I'm considering upgrading that to 32Gb. Currently I'm not sure if I will do that with a completely new system or a simple memory upgrade.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way Adobe would or even can issue a supported release after Microsoft remove support, so far as I can see. You can't build support on non-support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Little Fat Girl, great article. It appears the only CC2019 app that works on Windows 7 is their most popular and widely used Photoshop, at least at this time. Windows 10 has nothing on Windows 7... Windows 10 was adware/spyware designed for touch screen tablets, and not workstations. Make sure you run BlackBird, and O&O Shut up 10 to disable the spyware.

Incompatible.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not true. I have Indesign and Illustrator working too. There may be some products that do work only under Windows 10, but that means that those programs are using features not available with Windows 7. You should consider switching to Windows 10. We do soon switch our whole company (+-1500 computers) to Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right. Most stuff runs. I'm an After Effects user. It doesn't.

Thanks for your take on the OS situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, so now Adobe has come out saying 2019 is NOT supported on Windows 7. I got this email today:

Hello [me],

Last week we announced the 2019 Release of Creative Cloud. The latest updates are not supported by older OS versions and can only be installed or run on supported versions of Windows or macOS.

To experience all our new features, you should install the latest version of your computer’s operating system. Upgrading your OS is the best way to ensure you get everything Creative Cloud has to offer.

Upgrade your OS <--- Links to microsoft.com

Sincerely,

The Creative Cloud team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 is EOL and you should really consider upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines