• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2023 and still can't download adobe suites to a different drive other than c

New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are anything like me, getting a degree in Video Game Art and Design or any such field that requires the Adobe suites, then you might be a bit short on storage space on your C drive. I have a SSD drive that I installed on my machine. It is much faster and smoother than the c drive. I wanted to install adobe onto the ssd drive, but apparently it is not allowed, still. I found threads to this problem going back to 2013, a whole 10 years ago. They say you have to install just the Adobe creative cloud to your C drive, and can opt to install the apps elswhere by finding preferences. I did this but I get an error code saying file path not ok. I had to install a folder on E Drive, double click E drive to get to the folder and select it. This is a fix from 3 years ago. I mean, Adobe, you are a multi billion dollar company, why don't you all get your heads out of dark holes and fix this? 10 years is too long....

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fix what?  you want to install the apps on the root of your drive or you want to install the cc desktop app on a non-os drive?  or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to be working ok. The message is pretty clear, is the problem that the term "root path" isn't familiar to you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines