• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activated CS6 reverting to trial

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7 (64 bit).  When I activate it, activation seems to be successful, but a few hour later it reverts to the trial edition.  I have been in contact with Tech Support every day for over 10 days now with no resolution of the problem.  We have tried stopping Windows Management Instrumention, installing as administrator, installing into a new account, installing (updating) Adobe Application manager, several other things I have forgotten.  I have given over (remote) control to a rep using "Connect" (don't know what he did -- too fast), but nothing has worked.  Tech Support finally told me that this is a known issue.  Has anyone on this forum experienced it?  I tried searching, but didn't find anything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is trying to force us all into the CC, do you ever plan to fix this bug in CS6 or are we all screwed?  BTW, I do not intend to EVER go the subscription route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any response to SJ41 post Jeff ?

are adobe actually going to fix this bug ? or maybe offer disgrunted users a "FREE" upgrade to the fixed version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I do not have any additional updates to provide at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I have this problem since first installing Photoshop CS6 in August 2012. Over this period, in common with others in this post, sessions with Adobe support have provided a fix which lasts only hours after which it reverts to trial version again on launch. When I mention the help page "64bit applications repeatedly ask to activate" that states a solution is not yet available, Adobe support seem to ignor this. They seem to want to try solutions (which do not work) with the aim of closing the case. This wastes my time and that of the Adobe support staff. Why not tell me a solution is not available yet? Why not just keep my case open until a solution is found?

It is now 10 months I have this problem. I have been following this post for most of that time. Lately there appears little visibility of progress. Is Adobe ever going to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why would they bother to fix it when they are going to screw us all over with Creative Cloud Subs..

brilliant idea.. unless you work offline...

think im going to bite the bullet and upgrade all my staff to Maya/Max/Mudbox at least Autodesk actually fix problems when they are reported..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have not been ignoring the issue but it has proved to be very difficult to track down.  A solution which worked on two customer's computers did not work on a third computer for an example.  We are continuing to investigate the difficulties being faced with Users being prompted to reactivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe plan to continue to work on this bug -- even after switching over to a rental-only plan?  Or will those of us who refuse to rent our software just be thrown under the bus of progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sj41 we are continuing to investigate this issue.  I do not know at the moment what form the update/resolution will take as we are still tracking down a solution with can be implemented consistently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be honest jeff i've had enough, Adobe have had long enough to work on this, if my code guys were free id ask them to rip a machine apart of find the issue..

im now preparing to trial Corel on my artists, and if successful Adobe will be loosing over 200 Photoshop Licences..

Corel have realised that you guys are not putting the money into fixing this issue as your expecting people to jump to Creative Cloud instead, they are also offering discounts to switch from Adobe to Corel..

maybe when you loose enough customers Adobe might think that upgrading isnt a resolution to a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JGS-ITAdmin

You might look at Canvas as well if you want to combine drawing and bitmap work. It combines the two pretty seamlessly.

I don’t plan to continue with Adobe products after CS6. It has been too much hassle.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Alan, ill get that downloading,

kinda proves my point Jeff, your "previously" loyal customers are jumping ship..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sj41 - Just a thought - can you verify your 'hosts' file in Windows to check if there are any misconfiguration for activate.adobe.com gateway?

You can find it here: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

Check for any lines that read activate.adobe.com and paste it here if possible.

Sometimes, a block or a misconfiguration in your hosts file may result in PS not being able to connect to Activation Server, thereby resulting in erratic behavior of your licensing activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hosts file does not have any 'activate.adobe.com' line in it. It seems

to only have comment lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then, I guess we have to wait for Jeff to give us his feedback after his engineering team reverts to him today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this happen to my PS CS6 version on my Mac. I was using PS last night but when I tried to open it today I get a message saying I need to license as the extended trial has ended. Any idea what causes this and how to I get rid of the problem?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also started to get this after having it work flawlessly for years. Might be connected to a bridge program in my case. If I launch it from withing the bridge it goes to trial but seems to work OK if I launch it on its own. 

I do need to use these bridges to be able to edit my files while I'm working in other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines