• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation of (Old) Studio 8 Applications

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Dreamweaver or ColdFusion in about 4 years. When I did use those products, I had Dreamweaver & ColdFusion installed on another PC.

I have a Macromedia Studio 8 installation disk and I'm trying to install Dreamweaver and a couple other applications. The applications install using the Serial# on the sleeve; however, when I try to use Dreamweaver (or Fireworks), the application wants the serial of the previous version of the product.

I have a Dreamweaver MX disk & serial #, but the activation doesn't like serial#. Continue button won't enable. The sleeve serial# information says "Dreamweaver MX Win EDU Full", which means it's an education version (splash screen confirms that).

I vaguely (as in maybe incorrectly) remember paying about $600, which if correct, seems like a lot for an education version of Dreamweaver.

A chat agent said that since this is an old version (8) of these applications, I should be able to use, but the applictions don't know that they're "old" so they want valid serial #s of previous versions.

Am I out of luck trying to install/use Studio 8 applications at this point?

Thanks,

Daryl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daryl,

I'm going to point you to "Activation help | Legacy Macromedia products."

That document mentions that you'll need to contact our Customer Support at 866-772-3623 for assistance, and that you'll likely need to be issued a new serial number because the activation server for the legacy Macromedia products is no longer in service. You're also eligible for a 15% discount on Adobe Creative Suite products, as listed in the document.

-j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just attempted to call this number to resolve being unable to active Macromedia Studio 8. I got a message, stating activation support via phone is no longer available, to visit adobe.com/go/activate, "Goodbye," and was disconnected.

I visited the site, and found serial numbers for Studio MX 2004, but not Studio 8. How can I activate this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, can't activate Studio 8 and not found in Macromedia serial number list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does not work! That line has a recording that says they no longer help with this type of setup!

Please provide a phone number or customer service line that we CAN use.

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. I contacted support and they offered no solution and then cut me off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines