Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat XI not validating

Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the cause of two machines failing validation with two different downloads of Adobe Acrobat Standard XI, with two different serial numbers? I've wasted an hour on chats with your "tech's" only telling me that they need to transfer me to tech support only to then have the chats disconnected. And no one apparently has a phone there either as I've requested a call and not gotten one. And the phone support option told me to wait on hold for 57 minutes. How has a company as large as Adobe have such a colossal failure of support?

I've done a fresh install on a new machine, uninstall, registry and file clean, redownload and reinstall, and still it fails validation. This is stopping business productivity of my users and needs to not. How can this be fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have a license (or two) for the stand-alone acrobat xi standard?  ie, it is not part of a suite.

if that's true you should be using the stand-alone installer.  if your acrobat is part of a suite, you should be using the suite installer.

if you're using the correct installer to match your serial number, Error "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Creative Suite

Downloads available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using the standalone installer. Yes I'm using the correct serial numbers for my products. The issue isn't on my systems, its on Adobe's end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support, in general is a colossal failure. 4 chats to actually get an answer, with over an hour spent doing that. Phone support took an hour to answer. I have no idea what Adobe's doing in terms of support but I'm thoroughly disappointed and will be reviewing our purchases of Adobe products to see if there is something else we can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohnRit I am sorry that you have faced a frustrating experience.  My understanding is the issue affecting Acrobat Standard installations has now been resolved.  Can you please try again and update this discussion with the results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has NOT been resolved and we're still affected.  See my post here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1546687

This is a serious issue for us and we need it resolved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect this issue will cause enterprises to reconsider their use of Adobe software.  We paid for the software and now we can't use it.  We will be speaking with our account manager and arguing for compensation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update Nzdude.  I am sorry the continued inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nzdude after reviewing your posting at serial number null it appears the issue you have been experiencing has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was resolved a few hours after the post here, but this should not have happened.   The issue raises serious concerns about your license validation method.   The Microsoft method works well for us, with our own internal KMS server that we activate the license key against, after it has been activated once by Adobe.

Our management have formally requested a please explain from Adobe through account management and I would encourage other customers to let their account management know they aren't pleased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nzdude there was an issue on our backend systems which has been analyzed and resolved.  Changes were implemented which should prevent similar failures from occurring in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue with Adobe Acrobat XI pro. How do I resolve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines