Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air Wacom Bamboo tablet

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m tryin to set up my Bamboo dock 3.3, i keep getting a message that says:

’the installation failed. If you have installed bamboo dock before, please make sure that it is properly removed from your applications folder and from the trash and try again. Adobe air installer: installation failed’

I have deleted, uninstalled, reinstalled and everything else under the sun e.g paused my antivirus software, downloaded adobe air from the website and much more nothing has worked.

there are a couple of other people who have asked for help on this and had no help.

I got my drawing tablet for my birthday and I’ve been so excited to use it and I can’t. I need help, I’ve been trying to get it to work for 4 hours, I’m sick.

Help me

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Abbymagoo,

I'm sorry to hear that, and I totally get your disappointment! I'm going to preface my attempt at a response by noting that, although I'm fairly savvy with installation issues, I use neither Adobe AIR nor Bamboo Dock, so I'm not sure how far my expertise will take me with regard to your question. I have seen discussions about this issue where the cause was older versions of AIR not playing well with Bamboo Dock, but I don't know if that's the case for you, since it sounds like you downloaded the most recent version from the Adobe website.

Did you have an older version of Bamboo Dock installed previously? I know you you mention you uninstalled everything, but how did you uninstall? Wacom recommends closing Bamboo Dock via the Task Manager  and then manually removing the "Wacom" folder before attempting to reopen Bamboo Dock. If that's what you did and you're still having problems, you might try a third party uninstaller program designed to hunt out remnants and remove them.

Aside from that, the only thing I can recommend is asking this question again of the people most likely to have direct experience with it: namely the folks in the Adobe AIR forum or the good people at Wacom​. Make sure you note in your question which version of all software you're utilizing as well as your computer operating system, since that will help people pinpoint specific incompatibilities or issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines