• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager: Creative Cloud update error

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I fix Adobe Application Manager showing a download error when I try to update Creative Cloud products from within the individual products themselves or from the website? The Adobe Application Manager no longer shows what products I have installed, because the error shows up before it can list them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My journey so far with the Adobe Application Manager tells me that there is not just one reason why the Adobe Application Manager might not work, but in my last conversation with an Adobe tech person I was told that sometimes the Adobe Server has problems with Adobe Application Manager. For the present she directed me to update outside the Adobe Application Manager by going to the general Adobe page http://www.adobe.com/downloads/ and updating from there. Until your Adobe Application Manager problem is fixed, you may be able to update your Creative Cloud products that way.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I download from that page? I don't see application manager?

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe downloads webpage is a way to update directly by bypassing the damaged Adobe Application Manager I was using with my Creative Cloud subscription. I can update my Creative Cloud products here, but I cannot use this method to download any new products to which I may be entitled under my Creative Cloud subscription because my Creative Cloud serial number is not recognised as valid if I download via this route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane, I apologise for the inconvenince but could you please navigate to the below location and move the OPM.db file to desktop and then check.

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish-Sharma,

Thanks for that suggestion. I moved the OPM.db file to my desktop and tried to run the Adobe Application Manager again. I got a dialog asking me to give my Adobe ID and password, which I filled in, and the Adobe Application Manager preloader came up, but ended with the same download error message I have been getting for some time now.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Diane, so currently you are able to open up the Adobe Application Manager as you were getting the Download error.

Could you please provide the Update log for the analysis.

You could find the log in below location :-

C:\Program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

The log filename includes the product name and install date, followed by ".log.gz." The extension .gz indicates a compressed format. Please place the log file on pastebin.com and share the link for analysis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish-Sharma, it depends what you mean by 'able to open up the Adobe Application Manager'. The error has not been letting the application get past the pre-loader stage. And I have looked in the Installers folder and seen the list of product logs. I don't see a log for the Adobe Application Manager, but I do see a log for the Adobe Extension Manager. Is that the log you mean?

On another front, here we have been doing some more exploring with the suggestion by Ashutosh to delete the AAMUpdater folder. What we actually did was get rid of the 1.0 folder inside it. That alone did not fix the problem, but, when we also used Task Manager to close (but not remove or delete) any Adobe applications or processes (including AAM Updater which was showing as running even though we thought we had closed it) that might be interfering with the new activation of the Adobe Application Manager, we started to have some success on both the laptop and the desktop computer. At first success in using the Adobe Application Manager was patchy. On the laptop we could install new programs but the updates failed. And on my desktop some updates would work, but some would fail. Or after we rebooted the computer the Adobe Application Manager would be back to showing the error. However, by repeating the process of removing that 1.0 folder and checking on whether any processess or applications needed closing, we were successful in getting the Adobe Application Manager running once again. However, the Adobe Application Manager seems to be working better now. Perhaps that is because one of the updates was an Adobe Extension Manager which was touted as an update to improve installations and interface with Adobe Exchange Panel.

So, I think, finally, the problem is fixed. Thank you very much Ashutosh for pointing me in the right direction.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent , thanks Diane for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's frustrating to me is that we had this problem as well. AAM wouldn't run the updates. I found the solution more than two months ago after much searching. It all came down to you needed to get rid of the old version of AAM with the "Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool" (you can't just uninstall it) and then install the new AAM.

It worked perfectly for the two of us that were ready to do it. Now, I have four others that need to do it and I can't find the posting that explained it...I just find postings like this that go on for days and weeks and never really get to a solution.

I have all the files I need, but when you run cleaner, it takes you through DOS prompts that ask you what you want to do, but they aren't real clear, and the disclaimer makes you a little lot paranoid. Kind of like, if you don't make 7 back up copies of everything on your computer, and the wind is out of the East, and the day ends in a 'y', YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING ON YOUR COMPUTER AND EVERY COMPUTER YOU TOUCH FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS...okay, maybe that's an exaggeration; but the point is, there is a solution, I just need to be sure of the prompts when running the cleaner.

Good Luck to All,

David Whipple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DrWhip,

I did all that and still had no success. I am just waiting for about 4 hours of spare time to take the plunge and talk to customer support..

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WhipDR

Yes, the key to a solution is to remove the old version of the AAMUpdater folder. I managed to do that without using the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, but I also needed to go to Task Manager on my desktop to temporarily close any Adobe Applications that were running as that interfered with getting the Adobe Application Manager working once again after the removal of the AAMUpdater folder.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened again. The Adobe Application Manager just came up with an error when I tried to run it; however, now I know how to fix it. As previously, I located the AAMUpdater folder (App Data/Local/Adobe/AAMUpdater) to get rid of it, but I couldn't do that until I opened Task Manager and checked what Adobe applications and processes were preventing me from removing that Updater folder. In particular I had to close the Adobe Creative Cloud.exe file. Then I could activate the Adobe Application Manager and it worked fine once more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...just FYI...nothing I did on Windows would allow me to delete the AAMUpdater folder...but just launching the Task Manager and stopping Creative Cloud.exe...then relaunching Creative Cloud did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To resolve the any update issue with cretive cloud applicaitons , perform the steps mentioned below

• Windows OS

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe  ........... remove AAMUpdaterInventory and AAMUpdater file (if available )

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe    .... remove  AAMUpdater file

• Mac OS X

Application "Roaming Data Folder"

/Users/[User Name]/Library/Applicaiton Support /Adobe.....  remove AAMUpdater file

Application "local cached data folder"

/Users/[User Name]/Library/Applicaiton Support /Adobe  

........... remove AAMUpdaterInventory and AAMUpdater file (if available )

• Un install Adobe Creative Cloud

Windows 

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features  ...... Uninstall adobe creative cloud

MAC

Applicaiton  > Adobe Creative Cloud > uninstall Adobe creative cloud

• Install creative cloud again from Creative.adobe.com

https://creative.adobe.com/

Sign in to creative cloud  , update issue will be resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this worked. After the install, it no longer says there is an update. Maybe that is better than a failure to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2014 Jul 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks that worked

Regards

Ian Cleland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines