• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2017 - More bugs than the amazon rainforest

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody else think that this new update to CC is a disaster?

Photoshop just does nothing now. I open it up, and choose to open something or create a new image, it hangs there and does nothing. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it already today to avail - takes a couple of hours. Fail!

Adobe Dreamweaver is now so much worse than it was before, and that's saying something. There's a really really really annoying lag between when I type and the text appears. When you select a colour from the colour picker, it then selects the text for no apparent reason, which means when you select I colour and muscle memory tells me to close the tag with a semi-colon, it overwrites it. Super annoying!

When you open a quote, it automatically adds the closing quote. Why? Just why?  Is it really that inconvenient for people to have to close their quotes? Again, muscle memory tells me to close the quote, but now I have to change that. This is a recurring theme in the new Dreamweaver.

Quick view is pretty neat in theory, but when you're dealing with a large site with big or numerous style sheets attached, it's anything but quick and the just program hangs.

Every time you type something, it's bringing up that annoying autocomplete box. Every...single...time. Lag lag lag.....

I work on a Dell Alienware 17 laptop with a Corei7 processor and a 32G of ram. It powers through games like there's no tomorrow, and renders 3D models in a heartbeat, yet this jumped-up notepad gives it so much trouble.

I really don't want to update the rest of the programs. I can't afford to lose Illustrator or After Effects - I'll lose my job. The amount of trouble I have got into today from not hitting deadlines is frankly ridiculous, and my clients don't want to hear "my software doesn't work"

Adobe, can you please bug test properly before release. At the moment you are the market leaders in creative software, but if you keep releasing this bloated nonsense and charge £50 per month, people will look to alternatives. I certainly know I am.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I cancelled my subscription to the CC series, I tried to re-install Acrobat 9 from a disc. It would not install. I contacted Adobe on these forums to get help, but they never answered me. So, I installed Nitro Pro 11 which is a PDF program like Acrobat. It is excellent. So, I wish other companies would create Photoshop and Illustrator type programs that would compete with Adobe. Their latest CC updates (CC 2017) are a disaster. And, my $600 that I paid in June of this year is down the drain. I suggest that as many readers of this thread as possible go on other forums and spread the word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all the people that I read about that have bugs, unable to use any of the software (myself included) Has anyone looked into a class action lawsuit to get them on their toes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. File a complaint. Work with your attorney to prepare the complaint. ...
  2. Get the class certified. ...
  3. Get the court to appoint the “class counsel.” ...
  4. Provide notice to all potential class members. ...
  5. Proceed with the class action lawsuit.

There is plenty of information about this on the Internet. Just Google, "How to file a class action lawsuit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a disaster. I couldn't even use the damn muse for once since I've updated cc 2017. I opened my muse file for some times but there's no way to work with it. Bug...bug...bug...And can't publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, I've never been able to close the Muse cc 2017. It never quits until I use the task manager to close it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the phone last Friday with another very large software company, trying to get a different issue solved, and even they have heard of the Adobe CC 2017 debacle. Like I have said, I went back to my Adobe CS6 discs, installed them, and have not looked back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Muse 2017 is a piece of junk. It continues to get worse. Adobe Muse project manager should be fired from company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They seemed to add new features that bug out and slow you down. I've never experienced such a glitchy and time consuming version of this suite. Seriously what where they thinking adding all of those new dialogue boxes and saving mechanisms? They are so tedious and annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC is an absolute joke. Since the switch to cloud services I've had nothing but problems. Other machines (at work) on CS6 are fine.

My machine crashed several times per hour running illustrator. ILLUSTRATOR for gods sake. It's a mess and I've already moved to Final Cut Pro for video... as soon as an alternative to illustrator/Photoshop appears I'm gone and will never return to Adobe.

Ive been a customer since macromedia days.. went to the first and second flash pro conferences...  but I'm ready to break up with Adobe after this CC mess.

You broke my heart Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole suite needs re-writing. You can't keep building on old versions over and over and expect it not to get buggy. It's software development 101.

ADOBE! Stop adding 'features' or removing perfectly good tools just so you can say "Hey, we made an update". Make your software work stably and consistently with a minimum of bugs WHEN YOU RELEASE IT. You are going to lose your loyal customer base with this new 'beta-testing' (presumably cost-cutting) model.

More short-term profit-maximising from a corporation, what a surprise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of discontented customers. I have always loved Adobe software but everything has changed since CC. Every program is bloated and slow. Since the latest upgrade I get the spinning wheel all of the time.

Plus, they are really pricing out the casual user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What they need to do is fix what doesn't work and stop adding junk we don't need or want. Plain and simple!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do as I did and cancel your CC subscriptions. Use Adobe CS6 versions instead. They work, for the most part, have the features that you really need, and you won't have to deal with re-installing your add-ons or trying to figure out where they moved the menu options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Creative Cloud Desktop:  App-Tab is away, I can only search for updates but can't install previous versions any more. Tipps for older versions how to get the app-tab back do not work (editing a XML file, what is not there any more)

- Premiere Pro: Lost a lot of features for 5.1-tracks with audio filters

- My Plugins from NewBlu do not work any more.

- Everytime starting up the program, I get errors that about 30 fonts are not valid (which is new, but I do not have new fonts, so why they are suddenly not valid any more?)

Premiere 2017.1 has a new file format, so when going back I would loose a lot of work from the last days.

After the memory issues in 2015.4 I hoped that was a single case.. but it looks like every second version of Premiere is full of bugs... 😞

After all a very buggy update with (for me) less features than before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why adobe has JUST a subscription. I brought a lifetime hard copy of Illustrator CS6 8 years ago andi t worked fine.

Yesterday adobe through my adobe acoount I had set up reverted the lifetime serial number to trail and deleted the serial number.

Adobe say that resellers can sell me a serial number which they can't.

I find it incredible that Adobe reverts my lifetime package to trail and then refuses to sorting the issue to force me to take there very very very expensive cloud subscription.

Here's some facts. I brought this Cs6 software for £750. Its no more complicated that Blender (free), Apples Logic pro (lifetime) for £199.99 I can live with that is a great bot of software. But illustrator today is £250 a year, that £750 after 3 years. that means after 3 years I would have brought the value of the software as a hard copy. After 12 years I would have spent £3000 and after 18 years thats £4500 for this piece of software.

Does anyone think that £4500 is a good price for this piece of software. Then we get on to value of upgrades. I use CS6 because its a great bit of software. Comparing it to the latest version. I find not real difference. I have designed with Illustrator for many many years and see no reason to upgrade. I know many many people think the same there are obvioulsy those in the minority that benefit from the latest version but a majority don't.

So why am I being forced to delete my excellent CS6 software to take the lates version at such an exhorbatant prices. No peice of software is worth £5000 in this type of software.

We are just talking about illustrator we have not even included all the other bits of software like inDesign and photoshop.

Wahst worse given adobe raid oand destruction of me serial number. I know its adobe because the raid has now linked my cs6 software and request me to upgrade to the cloud and the cloud subscription service. The adobe website is demanding cloud subscription and that makes me seriously annoyed.

How dare adobe do something as blatantly arrogant as this. deleteing a viable life long version of CS6 and demanding I pay extortionate fees on subscription. Thats theft fraud and serious abuse of postion. and there's absolutel nothing I can do about it.

There actions have affected our business, my sons study and a whole lot more.

Anyone have any suggestion why adobe os so money grabbing that they would con a legitimate purchase so they could make more money.

Any one else have experience of this type of action by adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you... Photoshop CC is an absolute disaster!

Now looking for alternatives.

Do you know any.

I start to hate Photoshop as much as I hate Acrobat.

Adobe has converted itself in a Money machine that sales Bugs at gold prices.

So much hours of learning to end fighting bugs.

That a very bad deal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topaz Labs has just introduced a beautiful new software program, called Topaz Studio, that has a ton of features, including masks and compatibility with RAW image formats. It can be downloaded for free it order to try it out. I have downloaded it, and it appears to be extremely sophisticated. I plan to contact all the companies that make plug-ins for Photoshop and ask them to make the plug-ins compatible with Topaz Studio, as well as some other new image software programs that have masking, and look promising. I will report back here when I get answers from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll check it out thanks

Ciaran Rose

MAKING BEING ACTIVE MORE SOCIAL

CEO The Active Space CIC, Eleventy7 Recycling and

Frog Design Thinking and Tinkering Space

www.theactivespacecic.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously Topaz Studio will not have the extensive range of features in Photoshop, but if enough users let them know what features are really needed, then it can become a good alternative. Another promising program is Corel Aftershot. It has layers, but no masking at present. It will require users to let them know that masking is a necessary addition. In any case, I think there are enough users out there who want an alternative to CC that a major competitor will eventually arise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will download and test it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a bunch of junior high Adobe Interns make this version?? I cant get past editing 10 mins in my machine with out it crashing. PP11.1 . x This is horrid... AND I'm paying 600 yrly for this!? clearly I'm frustrated bc ten min increments of editing if I'm lucky enough for it auto save, is taking forever to compile a 1:30 sec video.  What was the hurry in getting it out without proper testing?  F***kit im gonna go compile this video on D.Resolve editor and downgrade my membership. This is stupid. Its eating into my time. Ill have to find another alternative reliable go-to app. argh! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to The Bugs' Rainforest      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Premiere Pro CC. Recently updated it to Premiere Pro CC v12.0. The program keeps freezing and crashing both at random times. 80% of the time with this new update the program freezes when i save my project. I don't mind Premiere Pro freezing when saving a Backup copy of the project because i can just copy the main project file and rename it "NAME_BACKUP". However, it freezes quit more often when i save my work progress for the first time.

I have set my "Auto Save" every 5 minutes, but it's very unreliable and 70% of the time "Auto Save" does not save at all. I had lost 45minutes of editing because Premiere Pro crashed and "Auto Save" is unreliable.

There is also interface and preferences bug. I use triple 4k monitor for a reason and that is to have everything at my disposal when editing. Unfortunately, tabs keeps changing and i have set them up again as well as organizing which takes more time. Then the Preferences - Playback settings does not corresponds to screen sequence. Nvidia numerically sequence the screens accordingly 1-4. Adobe Premiere Pro just can seem to relate to the sequence. Everytime i open/reopen a project the assigned playback screen does not show any playback even though setting is already a preset. Instead it's showing on a different screen and sometimes nothing at all. So i have to figure out how to fix that. If i get lucky it's not projecting on the screen where the main window is. Usually, it's just a quick fix process of un-checking and re-checking the right Premiere corresponding monitor number on top of Nvidia's monitor sequence. However, i get very un lucky when after trying all the check box nothing works. On top of that, Preferences - Audio Hardware is the same and I can't figure out which audio output is which even though the name is there because the actual output does not correspond to the output name.

It has been an absolute disaster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines