• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC and macOS Sierra compatibility issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As alway, I'm concerned that an OS upgrade will interrupt my workflow.

Has anyone taken the plunge and installed macOS Sierra?

I have noticed that there have been some issues with the macOS Beta versions and Photoshop and Indesign (see threads below)

Possible Bugs Mac OS Sierra when using Adobe products?

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.12 Sierra

Seems Siri and Photoshop zoom+ have the same shortcut.

Anything else?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

For Photoshop CC and macOS Sierra, Google points to:

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.12 Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure cc2017 apps abandoned OSX 10.9.x. And it's a pity, i really fear to update... i live very well under mavericks. Read something about metal graphics libraries, but it worth the jump in the dark? I own a macpro 5.1 2010 6 core. Still a good workhorse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my photoshop layer select isn't working. the auto-select cant be turned off (it turns itself back on when i try to select the layer) this is incredibly impeding my work flow. i need to be able to do this without moving my whole layer. i tried advice from 2012 on this site for this exact problem but it didnt work. i have a sierra, can i get some help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was stuck and not able to update any of the CC apps (but all the apps worked), then after reading an apparently false claim of compatibility, decided to update to Sierra (big mistake). Anyway, after uninstalling all Adobe CC apps and running Creative Cloud Cleaner, giving admin rights to user, creating new user and permissions clean up, still nothing.

Finally, this worked:

Installing Creative Cloud on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

It makes you run the CC installer in terminal. Finally I was able to install the newest 2017 Adobe Creative Cloud, download the Apps like Photoshop, etc. right there from CC App.

This whole thing took me two days away from productivity. What a pain. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out my previous post didn't fix...

How I Solved the dreaded “Adobe Application Manager” issue.

Turns out I had logged-in with my PERSONAL Adobe ID when I first downloaded the Apps for  2015 version of Adobe CC. Then I upgraded the software. Then I switched over to my company Adobe ID. The Older install that used “Adobe Application Manager” still was using my old personal Adobe ID, which I had cancelled since I didn’t really need to pay for it any more.

I downloaded an reinstalled the Adobe Application Manager:

http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4774&fileID=4438

When launched, it will spin forever unless you close the app, at which time you can say no, and it goes to the log-in screen, at which point you can change Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am bit late with responding to this forum, but I am also having a lot of difficulties with SIERRA and CC.

I bought a brand new Macbook Pro with every spec you would wish to want as a video editor. It worked perfectly fine on El Capitan. I was so stupid to upgrade to Sierra (thus NOT High Sierra) a few weeks ago and everything changed. When I render big video files in Premiere Pro CC, suddenly I get Kernel Panics. When I want to export big video files in Media Encoder CC, I get Kernel Panics. I cannot even count the amount of Kernel Panics anymore.

I was so stupid not to backup my older software, so I cannot downgrade by myself.

I was in contact with both Adobe and Apple and both are pointing the finger to the other one. But I am still sitting here with a brand new and super expensive macbook that is not working correctly.

What can I do? Can someone PLEASE help?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time since I had these problems. But the best fix is probably to Uninstall all CC software, delete their preferences an then re-install. Solved all my issues. If it´s not the latest already, try to upgrade first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can, I'd try and reinstall the operating system fresh, then reinstall all your adobe software. I have Sierra and it's working fine. I think it's probably an issue with the way your computer went from capitan to sierra, not the operating system itself.

This is just a guess, but it's what i'd try first. If the problem still persists, I would think the issue is with the machine itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thanks for your answer.

I already installed Sierra again, and I also reinstalled the Adobe apps again. So it's what I already tried.

What ' scares ' me is indeed the high amount of kernel panics. It is happening everytime I want to export or render something.

THe reseller doesn't want to exchange my device for a new one, I only have one month for it. After, they only want to repair it, but I have no idea what and then I am stuck in a long process of reparation and I don't want.

It is brand new and I am really frustrated because of the lack of help of both Apple and Adobe. I am stuck with what should be a perfect device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. So you reinstalled the Operating system fresh, then reinstalled all your adobe apps again, and you still get the kernal panics?

That seems like a machine problem then. Since it's already not working, I would upgrade it to HighSeirra to see if it fixes the issue. After that, if it's still errors, then you will need to send your computer in for repair, or preferably have it exchanged. If you bought your mac from a third party reseller, and you don't have any applecare, and they are refusing the exchange the problem device for a new one, then I suppose your only recourse is to have it repaired and wait for it to be fixed. Nothing can be changed on the software side if the problem is your hardware.

There probably are downgrading options out there if you want to spend the time researching how to install a previous version of OSX on your machine, but that's a lot of effort, and I don't have a high confidence that it will fix your problem.

Have you tried calling apple directly and seeing what they say, or have you only called your reseller? Apple does offer a multitude of help for free even if you don't have applecare, and maybe you can purchase applecare from them now or something to have them fix your machine, though, I don't know if that's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear aBolt,

Thanks again for your answer. I am really happy that I wrote to this forum, because it's the first time that I feel a bit 'understood'. Just for your information: I had contact with the customer service of Adobe and with the one of Apple. In the end, some senior IT guy of Apple called me to see what was going on. He thinks it's software, but doesn't exclude it's hardware. But that's the problem: it is really hard that it is not clear. Because through my reseller, they only want to have it for repair: but what to repair? THe only thing I can say is that it gets crashes and kernal panics when I render or export, something he should easily do like in the beginning because of its specs. So I am a bit scared that I will loose the Macbook for a long time, have it 'fixed', get it back and still have some strange things with it.

But anyway, I will indeed try first to install High Sierra and see if it's working then. But to be honest, since a few days my laptop also has another bug: after every - let's say 10 minutes - it makes a 'pop' or some kind of tick (don't know how to describe). SO I have no trust in it anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I can understand how frustrating that could be, but computers function in really complicated ways, potentially they can figure something out. A Kernal Panic is something i'm not super familiar with, but it sounds like something is wrong either deeply in the operating system, or something with adobe's software. With a full operating system re-installation, and a full software re-installation, the only thing I can think of is a hardware issue. Something wrong in the cpu, maybe a bent pin or something, who knows! Computers are extremely complicated, and perhaps a bunch more errors are happening on your computer, but you're only seeing one example of it.

Also, if you start hearing a pop or a tick, that sounds like a hard drive failure. It really sounds like this machine has some problems with it and you should return it for repair or complain long enough and loud enough to a bigger manager each time until you get a new one! The repair time will take as long as it takes, but if it can't be used for what you want, what does it matter where the computer is, either with you or with the repair team. If it isn't useful, you might as well not have it at all!

Let me know if High Seirra fixed your issue, hopefully it did! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue specifically where the only time I'm seeing a slowdown is when I'm exporting an image out of illustrator, choosing the settings and then clicking "OK" - THAT is when the slowdown happens. What used to be a second or two is now about 10 or more. Also, saving as a pdf – once I'm through the settings and choices, "save" has a long delay - the dialog window stays up and doesn't disappear to let the system do its tasks. There is some serious hiccup here. Sadly only since the upgrade to Sierra. Everything else is fine with the suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often cannot click on and select items in Finder directories after using an Adobe app. This isn't new with High Sierra, but seems to have become much worse with the upgrade. It's as though Adobe has an invisible app layer on the secondary monitor, and the Mac doesn't know I'm trying to leave the Adobe app and use the Mac OS Finder. I have to switch back to the Adobe app, then back to the finder or some other awkward regimen in order to use any app other than the Adobe app. I only have this problem when using Adobe apps — never with Apple, Microsoft or other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve got the same problem since the latest version of Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to tell you my workaround...

This happens when I use Pr, Ae and Encoder. Just restart Finder, and it should work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines