Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC on Windows Server 2019

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having an Adobe CC Master Collection subscription and planning to upgrade my PC - my current PC is running Windows 10 Enterprise, but I plan to use the newly released Windows Server 2019 on the new machine. Do Adobe CC applications work in that OS?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Lhummel, many of our most recent releases do not support Server versions of Windows operating system.  You can find a complete list of system requirements, for the applications included with a Creative Cloud membership, at Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements .  Unless you see Windows Server 2019 specifically listed then it is likely you will be blocked from installing the application.  I would encourage you to use the membership on a computer that does meet the system requirements for the a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lhummel, many of our most recent releases do not support Server versions of Windows operating system.  You can find a complete list of system requirements, for the applications included with a Creative Cloud membership, at Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements .  Unless you see Windows Server 2019 specifically listed then it is likely you will be blocked from installing the application.  I would encourage you to use the membership on a computer that does meet the system requirements for the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry about that... Jeff is just a robot paid by Adobe to say "please, use only windows 10 OS" and "check your system requirements"... A server is and should be capable of handling any application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are giving bad advice here. A server should not be capable of handling any application. If the software works, you will be lucky, if not... 

See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/creative-cloud-on-windows-server-2016/td-p/10163906

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I not use adobe media encoder on Windows Server 2019? C'mon 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out that Lightroom CC cannot be installed on Windows Server 2019, while Photoshop and Lightroom Classic will. They have the same "OS requirement". And yes, I use Server edition Windows because this is my VM host and workstation, and Windows 10 doesn't make full use of the 32 cores and 256GB of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spoke too soon, Lightroom Classic install failed even though it doesn't block me from starting. Lightroom plain out disabled the install button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines