• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud Download Issue

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I've previously had a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud including ALL of it's apps and features but some time ago decided to end it as it didn't really serve a purpose to me anymore. However in the past few days I decided to return to the FULL subscription for all of Adobe's apps. So I visited Adobe's download page and had no problem with downloading the Creative Cloud's Desktop application however the major (and highly frustrating) problem started when installing the individual apps onto my computer from the Creative Cloud Desktop App of which i'd just installed onto my Macbook; First I attempted to install InDesign but got stuck on 5%, then tried various other applications which I use but got stuck on either 5% or 0%. So I restarted the Macbook (Air) but saw no improvements, then I uninstalled the Creative Cloud Desktop App using the recommended 'Uninstall' file which wiped the files clean from the computer. I then gave up for a couple of days having the apps successfully installed onto my Windows Desktop PC which works just fine but now have decided I need to have them on my Macbook also; so I tried again. I wondered whether the download file I was using was dodgy so was reluctant to use the same download file - therefore I went to Adobe's website to download the Creative Cloud Desktop App once more but after signing in this time on their site, I couldn't even install the file at all because when I pressed the 'Download' button, it downloaded the Photoshop file instead of Creative Cloud Desktop App. I checked the link and noticed that it had been set to Photoshop by Adobe for some puzzling reason. I am fed up with trying but am highly frustrated due to the monthly cost of the package which I pay for a service which is inaccessible on MacOS.

Click HERE for a screen recording which shows me attempting to access the link which is incorrectly given on Adobe's site.

...And also note that I have attempted to download the apps individually from the site but gives me the same outcome.

Perhaps there is someone on here who has had the same issues as me and let's hope that Adobe fixes that link ASAP!

Best Wishes

Declan Garner

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

...So it turns out that the reason why the application(s) wouldn't install was because of a Proxy setting in MacOS 'System Preferences'.

The 'SOCKS Proxy' checkbox MUST be unchecked in system preferences (MacOS) in order for your computer to connect to Adobe servers.

This checkbox will automatically be 're-checked' every-time you restart your Mac so be sure to review the setting before making any installations!

RESOLVED.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Creative Cloud Download & Install

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your computer meet the minimum requirements to run the latest versions of CC desktop app and Photoshop?  Adobe dropped support for some older OSs.  For best results, you should be using Mac Mojave or Windows 10 (64-bit) build 1709 or higher.  See the system requirements below.

Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

Photoshop system requirements

In addition, you must use a computer profile that has full administrative level permissions.

Assuming your computer & profile are up to the task, try running the Adobe CC Cleaner tools followed by a fresh re-installation.  After installation, restart your computer.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy - thanks for your time in helping with this...

I never considered compatibility but have checked and seems to be fine by me (i've attached my Mac's 'about' page in case i'm missing something)

I will certainly run the Adobe Cleanup tools as you suggested and see where things go from there...

Thanks again!

Declan Garner

Screenshot 2019-07-14 at 22.51.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...So it turns out that the reason why the application(s) wouldn't install was because of a Proxy setting in MacOS 'System Preferences'.

The 'SOCKS Proxy' checkbox MUST be unchecked in system preferences (MacOS) in order for your computer to connect to Adobe servers.

This checkbox will automatically be 're-checked' every-time you restart your Mac so be sure to review the setting before making any installations!

RESOLVED.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines