• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe creative cloud not responding - frozen screen on MacBook Pro 2020 (M1 chip)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ya'll, 

i just bought a new macbook pro 2020 - M1 chip - and am trying to get creative cloud to work. 
basically I allready installed and unistalled everything 10 times. 

Everytime i open the creative cloud app i get the start screen or the dashboard screen but i can't click on anything and it is not responding. 

I am aware that to run photoshop on my new macbook I need to download Rosetta 2 and the beta version of the non native photoshop version however, i was never asked to downloac Rosetta 2... can't seem to find a way to instal this manually and, i can't click on the beta version of photoshop because creative cloud is non responsive. 

Please help me, i have been looking for a solution for hours, i'm going crazy 🙂

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

That is exactly what I'm experiencing!

I know people who have the M1 and Adobe runs smoothly for them because they are prompted with "download Rosetta 2" window. With the help of a some engineer collegues, I've tried installing Rosetta 2 manually in my computer's terminal. It says it's downloaded successfully but Adobe still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggesting this! This was also the only thing that worked for me.

To recap this solution:

1.) Uninstall Adobe CC https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html 

2.) Run Adobe Cleaner https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

3.) Search for "adobe" in applications folder and delete everything

4.) manually install rosetta 2 in terminal

type and execute separately:

"/usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license"

"softwareupdate --install-rosetta"

"/usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license"

5.) restart computer

6.) Install Adobe CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw I migrated from a late 2016 mbp running big sur to a 2020 m1 mbp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was frustrated with this as well because I recently bought a Mini Mac with the M1 chip.

I solved it by going to the "uninstall creative cloud" package from Adobe here. I ran it and chose "repair" install of "uninstall" and that worked.

You can also download the zip file directly here as well.

Let me know if I can help you in any way and I'll try to follow up. Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me and is way simpler/faster than some of the other proposed solutions shown here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to chime in and confirm the same freezing issue on a M1 Mini after performing a migration using macOS Migration Assistant. Adobe Creative Cloud froze up, Photoshop wouldn't launch, etc. I don't know which fixed it, but I ran the Terminal commands in this thread AND the Creative Cloud Cleaner Utility, restarted, downloaded the M1 version of the Creative Cloud installer, and now it WORKS.

I would assume the normal CC Installer automatically detects which version to download, but to make sure you're getting the M1 version you can get it here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly in my experience the normal CC Installer DOESNT select the right version of itself to install.  

So your link is really helpful in getting the Apple M1 vrsion of the installer.  If you dont it's round and round again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what i did and IT WORKED:

1: uninstalled creative cloud (with the latest uninstaller version i found in someone elses response here)

2: went to library -> application support -> deleted the whole adobe file

3: opened 'terminal' on my macbook (found it with spotlight)

-> if the terminal says something about 'zsh as default..' or something... follow this FIRST: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208050

4: use this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJBhWobIoQo

5: re-installed creative cloud here https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html#download-links

(use the option: macOS alternative downloads: Apple M1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on my M1 Macbook Pro. I had migrated from a 2017 Macbook Air and this issue popped up. I used CleanMyMac to uninstall creative cloud and removed the remaining adobe files from users>library> cookies and also from users>library>Applications> (remove any folders and files for adobe).

Once you can no longer see traces of Adobe in the library, you can go ahead and do a fresh reinstall of creative cloud and set up your apps. It worked for me, hopefully it works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and didn't do the terminal method.

Here is what I did that worked: 

1. uninstall Creative Cloud desktop app via latest uninstaller  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html 
  2. Uninstall all other Adobe Cloud Apps via web Creative Cloud since I was not sure if there were other issues with the apps.
  3. Remove the Adobe Folder: Library/Application Support/Adobe because Creative Cloud app puts a lot of stuff in those folders. 
  4. Restart computer (because you never know)
  5. Reinstall Creative Cloud Desktop App. it then worked and fonts and resources began syncing properly. I could navigate through Creative Cloud App and all other apps installed okay without errors when opening existing files. I think I may have already had the Rosetta install with my migration and I don't remember if I was prompted or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question if anyone know. I've been trying to uninstall Adobe, and to do that I downloaded the latest version Creative Cloud Uninstaller on Adobe's page, but when I try to run it says "To open Creative Cloud Uninstaller, you need to install Rosetta" and I don't want to. Is there any solution to fix this? I have Macbook pro with M1 Pro chip. I paid over 2k$ to buy this laptop and I can't remove a program I don't want on my laptop, thank you Adobe ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Rosetta or try to get a refund. Only choices available. Rosetta is a normal part of Mac OS, made by Apple and automatically installed when needed. No idea why you would be so opposed to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You got Adobe at stockmarket or what? Why are you so offended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines