• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud wants me to re-install all my applications!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded Lightroom Classic CC (version 8.2) and Photoshop CC (version 20.0.3). But today, Adobe Creative Cloud asks me to reinstall them all!! (see image).

I am logged in. I tried to logout/login, restarted my computer. Nothing works.

Also, something VERY ANNOYING. When clicking "Nouveautés" (What's new), it redirects you to a page of the 8.1 version of Lightroom Classic CC (New features summary for the December 2018 release of Lightroom Classic CC)

Since the subscription model, I find the Adobe CC upgrading process very buggy and frustrating.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Ok, after more search, I found some answers here: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1582695

It seems Adobe released an upgrade by mistake. If you have the same problem, I would wait until the release comes out again. Maybe (hopefully) it will contain a fix for those who downloaded the "bad" upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad ... I just hit Install for Lightroom CC and everything seemed fine. Will try the other apps too, as I can always restore from Mac OS time machine if it breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i saw the same thing, clicked install and everything works and looks correct.

i too do not understand what happened because i didn't pay any attention to what happened after i clicked update yesterday and i didn't check whether ps was already installed before clicking install today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem as Den. The Creative Cloud App (v4.8.0.421) thinks all my applications need to be installed :

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 11.19.05 AM.png

I see the same for Lightroom Classic & Lightroom CC, but not Bridge CC. All of the applications work perfectly.

Like Den I also tried various login/logout and reboot sequences. And tried clearing the OOBE folder.

macOS 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed all the applications that wanted to be Installed according to CC app. I have Photography plan so that was Lightroom, Lightroom Classic and Photoshop.

Lightroom Classic, which is my main app is fine, however Photoshop seems to have lost some of my preferences (my UI color preferences etc.). I thought those were synced in CC ? Anyway, no harm done. I still have all my personal curves presets in place etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, after more search, I found some answers here: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1582695

It seems Adobe released an upgrade by mistake. If you have the same problem, I would wait until the release comes out again. Maybe (hopefully) it will contain a fix for those who downloaded the "bad" upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right Den. I re-installed the apps and that actually rolled me back to 8.1 from 8.2 etc.

So Adobe did an accidental release and we had to re-install to roll back to the previous version. That's not cool ... I wish Adobe would be a little more careful.

Remember when we all had to create that magic folder to stop CC from destroying folders.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.51.55 PM.png

Adobe make some great software, but the deployment mechanism is too often faulty IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do a hard reset on my laptop. Should I wait to download it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Billye33359439r7eh 

the most you would do would be to restart your computer after a reset and then start the cc desktop install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines