Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6 Licence Key

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I have acquired in May 2021 an old "Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium Ret" version with CD and box (on eBay) - of course quite expensive. The serial number was registered to my Adobe account by an Adobe Employee in May via the Adobe Support. I have installed it on my two computers and use it only on one, as per license, although not very often.

Now when I am starting the software (Nov 2021) I suddently become a message that that software is not genuine and that I have 10 days interval to take action and accept some of the Adobe offers.

Chatting to Adobe they mention that mine is a volume license which is not supposed to be used and it was deactivated due to fraud.

Question: can someone safely mentione that this is a volume license instead of a retail license? It seems strange that Adobe has not mentioned it when they initially registered the product and that there is a discrepancy only now. The CD and small box seem genuine and not forged. Of course I am pursuing the seller too. 

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

A side view: creating fake software is a big industry, major criminal enterprise. They are working hard and always changing. (You should note that fake software often includes viruses and other attacks, as well as breaking Adobe software for the future). The fakes are very convincing. (You should note, though, that buying any old Adobe software requires both the seller and the buyer to complete a license transfer form, even when the software is good!)

So, Adobe are constantly chasing the crimina

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A side view: creating fake software is a big industry, major criminal enterprise. They are working hard and always changing. (You should note that fake software often includes viruses and other attacks, as well as breaking Adobe software for the future). The fakes are very convincing. (You should note, though, that buying any old Adobe software requires both the seller and the buyer to complete a license transfer form, even when the software is good!)

So, Adobe are constantly chasing the criminals, and blocking the fakes they sell. Sometimes it takes days, but it can take years. 

There is no realistic prospect of getting a legal copy of CS6. You need to subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So sorry for your loss.  You are the victim of con artists (software pirates & thieves).  Unfortunately, there is nothing anyone can do except maybe eBay.  But after so much time has passed, that is unlikely as the seller has probably skipped town.

Chalk this up to experience and move on. 

Next time, deal directly with the software maker.  Don't buy software from untrusted 3rd parties or auction sites.  If the price and/or merchandise is "too good to be true," it's probably not worth having at any price.

Adobe is running Black Friday deals on Creative Cloud subscriptions for a limited time.  This is an excellent opportunity to get legitimate Adobe software at a drastic discount.  Some restrictions apply.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Hope that helps. 😇

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines