• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Multiple Computers

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own Adobe Photoshop 6.0 because it came with my Dell desktop when it was purchased about 4-5 years ago. I really enjoy using the progam and I would like to continue using it more. I don't use my desktop much anymore and was wondering if there was a way that I can get the program on my laptop. Is there anything I can do about this or am I stuck and not going to be able to use photoshop anymore? I didn't find any information on this so any help would be great.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This document should provide you with all your answers (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/100/1008779.html). Ensure that you have your serial number. Deactivate the software on your desktop, install the software on your laptop, and activate it. Use the document provided for the procedures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply install it on your laptop using the serial. Those old versions did not use any activation. In fact the serial number is stored as plain text in your registry for anyone to read. Uninstalling will delete it or you can do so manually to render the install unusable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a spot I can install the program from? I'm looking on the adobe website and all I see is 6.0.1 update. Do I have to copy over the files on a flash drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need the install media.  Look for a CD which might have came with your Dell computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it's photoshop 6 and not photoshop elements 6?

Did you buy the computer new or second hand?

Photoshop 6 came out around 10/11 years ago not 4 or 5 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I made a mistake. I didn't know there was a program called photoshop 6. It is adobe photoshop elements 6.0

Does that mean I won't be able to do anything with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will still need installation media to install it on a different computer.  If it came preloaded on your Dell computer it is unlikely that there is a separate installer which you will be able to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines