Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
I have Adobe Photoshop CS4 which I have installed in my company on a desktop computer.
Now I have bought an additional laptop and would like to make sure if I can have Photoshop legally installed on my desktop and laptop at the same time in this case, so that I can use Photoshop comfortably on my desktop in the office, but be able to use Photoshop when visiting a client. on the laptop?
At Corel, whose software I have, it is possible, but I want to make sure what the situation is at Adobe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Witam.
Mam Adobe Photoshop CS4, który zainstalowałem w mojej firmie na komputerze stacjonarnym.
Teraz kupiłem dodatkowy laptop i chciałbym się upewnić, czy mogę w tym przypadku legalnie zainstalować Photoshopa na moim komputerze stacjonarnym i laptopie, aby móc wygodnie korzystać z Photoshopa na moim komputerze stacjonarnym w biurze, ale móc używać Photoshopa podczas wizyty u klienta. na laptopie?
W firmie Corel, której oprogramowanie mam, jest to możliwe, ale chcę się upewnić, jak wygląda sytuacja w Adobe.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's terms of service allow

• The installation of an application on any number of computer systems
  • The activation and active usability of an application on up to TWO computer systems at a time
  • The use of an application on only ONE computer system at a time

So, legally you could install CS4 on the second computer. The problem is that the activation servers for CS4 have, I believe, been shut down, so you'd only be able to use it for whatever the trial period is. I've heard that if the computer has never had CS4 installed on it before it may still be possible to activate it, but I don't know what the process would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I have seen this information already on Adobe websites, but I did not know if it relates to old versions of the software.
I have Photoshop installed on my old computer for many years, but now I bought a laptop and I want to make my life easier 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't say as I blame you for that. I'm all for making life easier for myself and others.

As far as I know, legally you're covered. Caveat, I am NOT a lawyer, and I've never seen the EUL for CS4. I'm assuming that Adobe hasn't changed this particular term.

Your problem is going to be getting it to activate, and that I can't help with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, I will ask if it is possible to install such an old version in Windows 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 (and MAYBE Windows 11 ?)
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try next week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, I will ask if it is possible to install such an old version in Windows 11?

By @Łukasz23638374mmgu

You need to try. There is a chance that you will encounter troubles.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i try to next week.
I thought maybe someone was working on this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been posted by some users that it can be installed on a computer that didn't previously have it installed, but not on one that did have it previously installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines