• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Manager and previously installed Apps

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. My Creative Cloud Application Manager doesn't recognize that I have Photoshop installed (I had Photoshop before Creative Cloud). How can I get Cloud to recognize it?

2. Is there a way to check for updates via the Application Manager rather than from individual apps?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Hi EselJaye,

The original issue described with the thread is some of the applications already installed still list install next to them in the Adobe Application Manager. I was able to reproduce this behavior myself by installing products with a different Adobe ID than I used prior to installing/signing in with the Adobe Application Manager. The update issue that Mike had was a little different than the rest described in the thread by others. The issue with install being listed can typically be re

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really sucks! I reinstalled Photoshop and Lightroom and had the same issue after a couple of days again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A little late to this but I hope this helps those having this problem.

The fix is version 6.2 of Application Manager specifically to patch the Application Manager that is installed with the CD version or the ESD version of the affected software. The correct filename for pre Adobe CC Applications Manager is -

ApplicationManager6.2_all.exe

Any Adobe apps or CS6 apps that were purchased with a CD or ESD before Creative Could had a perpetual license. Those that purchased there software didnt have to be a member of the Creative Cloud to update their software. 

They were able to get the AAM6.2 patch automatically til CC was released. When CC was released the version of Applicaton manager was updated to the Creative Cloud version. That's when all the trouble started.

It was only after CC that those with perpetual licenses started having update issues. This was due to the later versions of Appliction Manager patch file that was released.

I was able to find the file after many days of shear frustration. It's on the web and available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines