Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authentic Software [Is my copy of CS6, recently purchased from eBay, legal?]

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently, I purchased “Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended (Full Edition)” from ebay.com.

The seller has announced that…This is the full and last disc version of Photoshop CS6 Extended, which is the 6.1, standalone version ( can’t be registered ) and the last one before the start of the subscription Creative Cloud program.  This is your chance to get the most popular photo/image editing software suite on the market today…   The software comes with an original/unused serial number which can be found on the back of the DVD case. It is applied automatically on install ( No need to enter the 24 digit number )and an internal license which is automatically activated post install - so the buyer will be able to install the software very quickly and easily…The software is new but does not come in a sealed box, but will be delivered with the disc inside the DVD case, exactly as pictured. Also fully compatible with all Windows OS including Windows 8 & 10… together with his email statement of “…I have indeed purchased 4 of these directly from Adobe. This is very much a legitimate piece of software. It was designed to be installed quickly on more mobile devices and workstations. If the software was illegitimate, it would still need some kind of activation or license crack or it would be stuck in a 30 day trial period”.

However, the software of “Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended (Full Edition)” which I received on 09/29/2018 comes within a white DVD case with DVD Case Inserts Matte, which was printed out from (may be) a home office printer (see the attached documents including “Copy #1@ a white DVD case; Copy #2 @ DVD Case Insert Matte printed from a home office printer, Copy #3 @ a Disc of “Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended”” for reference.). There is no any written documents coming with the Disc of “Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended” at all.

When I tried to install “Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended” from disc, a window of “User Account Control” jumping out on my computer screen and indicating something as follows:

Program Name: Photoshop.exe

Publisher:          Unknown

File origin:         Hard drive on this computer

I purchased Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (previous edition) from Adobe.com before and never had such kind of experience before (an authentic software disc providing information such as “Publisher:  Unknown” on the screen).

Therefore, in order to make no mistake (avoiding possible unauthentic software), I have to find out and make sure whether the seller’s “Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended (Full Edition)” mentioned above is a legal and authentic copy from Adobe or not. Would anyone give me a hand with this issue?

Is there phone number from Adobe which I can call to discuss the issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

The software comes with an original/unused serial number which can be found on the back of the DVD case. It is applied automatically on install ( No need to enter the 24 digit number )and an internal license which is automatically activated post install -

There is no such process with authentic Adobe software. This is pirated through and through - possibly an old volume licensed version (no serial number required) which has been hacked.

No-one from Adobe will call you to discuss this with you. It

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only false, but while the program was being hacked to not require a serial number during install it may have also been hacked to steal your information and send it to the hacker

Tell ebay you want your money back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

On Sunday, September 30, 2018, 9:02:45 PM PDT, John T Smith <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Authentic Software

created by John T Smith in Adobe Creative Cloud - View the full discussion

Not only false, but while the program was being hacked to not require a serial number during install it may have also been hacked to steal your information and send it to the hacker

Tell ebay you want your money back

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10649967#10649967 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10649967#10649967

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Adobe Creative Cloud by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software comes with an original/unused serial number which can be found on the back of the DVD case. It is applied automatically on install ( No need to enter the 24 digit number )and an internal license which is automatically activated post install -

There is no such process with authentic Adobe software. This is pirated through and through - possibly an old volume licensed version (no serial number required) which has been hacked.

No-one from Adobe will call you to discuss this with you. It's a pirated copy and everything in the ad wording suggests that. I wonder why you thought it might be valid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Adobe software I had (up to CS5) before CC needed a serial number. Looks like a very bad deal.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help.

On Sunday, September 30, 2018, 9:18:56 PM PDT, John Waller <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Authentic Software

created by John Waller in Adobe Creative Cloud - View the full discussion

No-one from Adobe will call you to discuss this with you. It's a pirated copy and everything in the ad wording suggests that. I wonder why you thought it might be valid?

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10649906#10649906 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10649906#10649906

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Adobe Creative Cloud by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines