• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Renewal Cancellation Refund within 14 Days

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is to highlight a major issue in training with dealing with contract renewal refunds. The initial contract expired 5 days ago and there is a 14 day grace period for this one. The automatic renewal is for a new contract, and the price more than doubled. Obviously it is not the same contract. Read for yourself and see what I mean:

info: Thanks for contacting us. We’ll find a representative for you to chat with and keep you posted on your wait time.  
This chat will become active once a representative responds.

Operator@PuranamNaga

Did you know you can get answers to most of your Adobe-related questions at help.adobe.com? Find helpful video tutorials, tips for troubleshooting, and user guides for all our products. You can even get answers from members of our vibrant forums community. Visit help.adobe.com. Please hold for the next available agent.

info: Thanks for your patience. Representatives are currently helping other customers. Your position in line is 3 and your wait time is approximately 2 minutes.

info: Thanks for your patience. Representatives are currently helping other customers. Your position in line is 1 and your wait time is approximately 1 minutes.

info: You are now chatting with PuranamNaga.
Please don’t close the chat window or browser tab since it will end our chat session.

PuranamNaga: Hello! Welcome to Adobe support.

Customer: Hi

PuranamNaga: How are you doing Today?

Customer: Good, how are you?

PuranamNaga: Thank You. I am doing Good.

Customer: Great!

Customer: I was auto-renewed for a new contract for a prepaid annual creative cloud subscription, which I noticed on my credit card bill. It says in your terms and conditions that "Renewal rates are subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand. If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded." I just want to make sure that I will be fully refunded

PuranamNaga: I apologize for the inconvenience.

PuranamNaga: Sure, I can help you with that.

Customer: That's okay, thank you

PuranamNaga: You are welcome.

PuranamNaga: Since you agreed to be in a commitment, if you cancel the subscription within the commitment period, there is an Early Termination Fee which amounts to 50% of the remaining months.

PuranamNaga: "If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded.". This is only for the first time of Subscription.

Customer: But with this subscription I placed a new order. I am only 5 days within this new contract.

Customer: I have looked at previous chat logs for users who had similar situations and they were fully refunded

PuranamNaga: As i checked that You had a subscription Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition (one-year) Purchase Date

Customer: Yes but that contract went until May 31st, 2017. After that a new contract was created

PuranamNaga: Sorry for the inconvenience.

PuranamNaga: Since you agreed to be in a commitment, if you cancel the subscription within the commitment period, there is an Early Termination Fee which amounts to 50% of the remaining months."If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded.". This is only for the first time of Subscription.

PuranamNaga: It was not for the re newel.

Customer: But this is a new contract

Customer: and I cancelled only 5 days after the order

Customer: what is the grace period?

PuranamNaga: The grace period was not applicable for the product re newel.

Customer: My contract obligation for my first year was June 1, 2016, 1y 5d ago. "Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation." (emphasis mine) My remaining contract obligation ended 5 days. A NEW contract obligation began 5 days ago. By the wording, the 14 days grace is attached to each contract obligation (obligation = 1 yr)

Customer: I am within the 14 days period

PuranamNaga: As you are valuable customer to me, i will escalated the case to higher authority.So they will check and revert you back in 48 - 72 Hrs.

PuranamNaga: Are we still connected?

Customer: Yes. Thank you for doing that. I will be posting on the forum to make sure that this is looked into very urgently by Adobe administration.

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to bmorin11@ubishops.ca at the end of your chat.

PuranamNaga: Sure, I am escalated to next level.

Customer: Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think that the agent is not correctly informed .You have 14 days after your renewal date to cancel and get a full refund .

Normally if you did the cancellation on the website ,the system should create an automatic refund.

Have you checked on your order history if you see a credit invoice ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this seems to be wrong.

Excerpt from Legal subscription terms | Adobe

Annual contract, paid monthly

Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month for the duration of your annual contract. If the applicable VAT rate (or other included tax or duty) changes during your one-year term, the tax-inclusive price will adjust accordingly. Your contract will renew automatically, on your annual renewal date, until you cancel. Renewal rates are subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand. If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period. Cancellations can be made any time by visiting your Manage Account page or by contacting Customer Support.

"of your order" is not "every renewal".

It's similar to most other subscriptions: only the first time you get some special gifts.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my contract was renewed, a new contract was created. The original contract term was one year, and this new contract is the following year. The price went from US$271.06 to US$406.66 so of course it was a new contract. Since it is a new contract, the 14 day cancellation period applies again.

Obviously my interpretation of the terms and services is correct because another user had the same issue and was refunded in full:

Auto Renewal Cancellation Within 14 Days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly ... I had the Same agent Today .. and he has NO clue and keep talking like a robot.  he is taking his Job So Seriously in a weird way ... I ask him a question and he keeps saying how can I help you ..  !!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had one contract which was cancelled, I understood I only had one.  Today I have discovered that an second account was auto renewed and funds have been deducted per month.  The agent was in discussions with me as to how this happend.  Apparently I entered into a contract and then the contract renewed.  Is it possible to auto renew a contract without any notice?

I want to escalate this matter.  How do I go about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leoniee10587060  wrote

Apparently I entered into a contract and then the contract renewed.  Is it possible to auto renew a contract without any notice?

Yes.  That's exactly how it works.  Your annual plan renews automatically until you cancel it.

Adobe Subscription and Cancellation Terms | Adobe

If you don't want auto-renewal, you must cancel in the 12th month after final payment is processed.

leoniee10587060  wrote

I want to escalate this matter.  How do I go about it?

This is a user-to-user forum.  We can't help you.  You must contact customer care directly.

Contact Customer Care

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sends an e-mail before autorenewal. At least I got an e-mail for my teams account.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All members should periodically log-in to their Adobe account.  Sometimes e-mails don't get though for whatever reasons.   Everything you need to know about your account is online. 

Adobe Account

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has now been resolved. thank you to all concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is on my account it says that I have no subscriptions and the help centre cant confirm how I can access the account that is being billed ...this is crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines